Expected cutoff for CODEVITA season 9

To be honest, I found this year’s codevita way more difficult as compared to the other seasons. What do you guys think about the expected cutoff to reach 2nd round for this season?

5 Likes

Why u have to post this using fake ID , and as far as results are concern , bro if u r in final year and u have solve at least one question without any plag issue then they will mail u for interview.

2 Likes

I think 2 questions will suffice for qualifying second round

1 Like

Not think , as I said if a person solve at least one question with no plag , selection for next round , and if u r in final year then they give opportuity for interview.

1 Like

It was always >=2 questions from past years to get selected for second round. Maybe he/she is in 3rd year and wants to take internship. So 1 will get interview for job but not second round(Now its 2020, don’t know regarding this now. Anything can happen)

2 Likes

But many people have solved exactly one question (including me :slight_smile: ). So, there will be many people who will qualify, they will be very strict this time!

1 Like

then I think selection criteria must be 3 questions.

3 Likes

This year the cutoffs were supposed to rise. However, as the standard of questions were considerably higher than previous years and many people got disqualified due to plagiarism(as per the TCS CTO’s post on Linkedin few hours back), I don’t know. I guess 2 fully solved question should be a safe bet. There are chances of people qualifying with only 1 solved question too but very doubtful unless you solved it very fast at one go or something.

1 Like

Who said this ?

1 Like

I didn’t know about this time thing. They should at least make everything clear first…regarding whether time will be a factor in case of tie. Or may be, it is already mentioned and I am unaware about it.

@dplyr I heard in a webinar conducted by a TCS senior employee that in case 2 persons solved the same number of questions, then the person who solved the question earlier will get a better rank. There’s a hidden timer and once you click on Read More for a question it starts tracking the time from that moment till the time you make a correct submission and this time is considered.

In case time is also equal, then number of wrong submissions may play a role too but this one is just my speculation.

1 Like

Mind sharing the post? I looked at his linkedin and doesn’t show anything posted recently

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

thank you. Knew people were cheating, didn’t know it had happened at this level!

yes. Unemployment is rising :sob:

1 Like

@ssrivastava990 @anub18 What the hell? Why people cheat so much :confused:. Now, will they give job opportunities this year? After reading the post, I don’t think so.

According to me (Conspiracy Theory xD ) :

• They made faulty question and a org as big as that can’t do this unless it is intentional.
  • They made a linkedin post about plag.
  • Covid has impacted jobs and they don’t want more hires and seems plag is perfect opportunity.
15 Likes

If you have solved a question which has lesser number of submission then you will get more points despite having solved same no. of questions who solved questions with more submission.

2 Likes