Getting started here, questions about strategy, etiquitte, etc

Bca is some sort of code hogwart804

Cool things I like it

I love code :heart:

I’m here to improve my programming skills.

1 Like

I started with C++ in my 10+2 level and wanted to continue with it but when i came across python it totally changed my mindset towards C++. Now i love to code in python.
I have a question like everyone say that you need to know any one of C++ or java to be a programmer, but can’t someone go with python as a base language and do competitive coding and be a good programmer?

Hello Coders

#include <iostream>

int main() {
    std::cout << "Hello World!"<<endl;
    return 0;
}

hello
i am new here
i did’t know c/c++ but i started learning python
how do i start coding from guide me someone.

1 Like

Hey! so,to get started with competitve coding, C++ is preferred. Almost any channel works,I’ll suggest C++ Programming All-in-One Tutorial Series (10 HOURS!) - YouTube
After this start learning dsa,along with doing cakewalk problems. This should be enough to start you off into the amazing world of CP.

2 Likes

New to code chef but did a little in java c++ and python(specially)
Please tell where should I start from

SUGGEST ME TOO BRO…

hey brother in which year you are i am also doing b.tech in cs branch 2nd year

nice keep it up

1-There is no such etiquette of posting questions here. All you have to do is make your questions clear and concise along with the code snippet required for answering the question.
2-First read the question asked then try to figure out the logic to be used in the program. Finally throw you logic into the syntax of programming language and run it. If you get an error dry run the code in your mind if possible and figure out the mistake. Continue the process until you get the right answer.
3-We can create our own test cases.
4-In case of Java, give your package a suitable name like CodeChefPrograms. Then organise your classes alphabetically and try to remove extra or empty classes if it is there.
5-You can import a method of a class in another class but provided it has to be in the same file in which your class is there.

Additional test data

Hi guys.

I’ve just started here, I have a few questions as I am new to coding. So anyone who can guide me how to start programming?

Same Here…