How to prepare for INOI

What should I know to give INOI. I have just come in class 8. I can solve most ZIO and ZCO problems. I do coding in python. I know and data structures and algorithms like sorting, Djikstra ,Bellman Ford,DFS,BFS, binary search,number theory questions and my implementation skills are good.

From where should I learn DP,I know the concept behind it but just can’t apply it

What more data structures an algorithms are required for INOI and beyond?
From where should I learn C++ as python is not allowed in INOI?

@vijju123

1 Like

Wow, Impressive for me as a class 8 student; I am much like you but much worse than you; I am going to 9th Grade and do not know all those algorithms;
Same problem for me in DP;
When did you start competitive Programming;

P.S Anybody noticed the semi-colon?

I cannot even solve all ZCO

I started programming in python and arduino in 6th grade(very basic). In 7th I didn’t do CP but other things like data analysis,GUI game and application development,Device development using AI and robotics .I registered on codechef in december 2018 but started CP properly in March 2019

I also can’t solve all but most of the problem I have tried have been solved.I have solved 11 ZCO problems and 3 INOI problems till now

Class 8th and 9th :hushed::hushed:? I feel so bad …

2 Likes

SO WEIRDLY SIMILAR.
Even I started with python and Arduino(even JS) did other stuff and after 2 years for me started competitive programming. And also started serious CP after 6 months.
I gotta say. It is so coincidental.

I started in 5th grade vacation aka 6th grade

And yeah. I also am Preparing for INOI

Oh my god!!!
Even I love speedcubing and math and stuff which require problem-solving. I just saw your profile!

I also love speedcubing! Whats your time?

record-17 second,average-25-30 seconds

I have also just came to 9 th

1 Like

You have qualified INOI can you give some tips.
(source:-INOI 2019, List of qualifiers - IARCS)

What should I know to give INOI. I have just come in class 8. I can solve most ZIO and ZCO problems. I do coding in python. I know and data structures and algorithms like heaps,sorting, Djikstra ,Bellman Ford,DFS,BFS, binary search,number theory questions and my implementation skills are good.

From where should I learn DP,I know the concept behind it how it works but just can’t apply it

What more data structures an algorithms are required for INOI and beyond?
From where should I learn C++ as python is not allowed in INOI and I code in python?

are u on fb or whatsapp

I should do suicide after listening to your class… :sweat_smile::sob:

4 Likes

I am on telegram…If you don’t have an account on telegram you should create one it is better than any other app I have used.We can also chat on codeforces.I have already added you to my friend list

what a coincidence we live in same city got to know after checking your profile

Can you pls tell your id on cf

id is kshitij_sodani