I am done with this Competitive Coding!

I am done with this cp, i solved many problems and i always mess in the contest or in the placements coding round.
I learnt alot of things greedy, graph theory, dp etc. but i cannot apply them without mistake and i always mess when there is complex output or something. Many times i get the solution but when i code i always mess it.
I think i should quit, idk it feels so bad. Its making me depressed, i just broke my brand new mechanical keyboard :(((

13 Likes

You are not allowed to have alts on CC!
If you feel cp is not for you, quit it! Your life > cp.

41 Likes

Sorry no one cares .

39 Likes

well you did learn a lot things :slight_smile: I was a 4 star coder now I’m 2 star XD but I still do it because its fun :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

This simply sounds like you are having problem implementing the idea in your mind. Start doing ad hoc, and some purely implementation problems. Try to finish them without mistake - i.e. AC in a single go.

Its not your knowledge but flawed practice thats causing this messup afaik.

69 Likes

Buh, bye!
(20 character)

3 Likes

Don’t worry bro…everyone has more or less the same story.
Keep trying and learn to live with that pain.

35 Likes

Don’t worry bro. There are people like me on your boat. Still I try hard.
See my profile, you will see what I have gone through, and now I am a four star(waiting for that contest when I will be demoted to 3-star) :laughing::laughing:.

8 Likes

My best wishes are with you. That will never happen :slight_smile: Mark my words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know better, because of div 1…

Bro, why so serious about profile rating?? Do mistake and learn. What’s you learned,it’s important, rating not. Just continue…to learn by mistake.

Today's Launch time:

I’ve done only one :slight_smile: Do you know, what’s the mistake I’ve made??
Find out the difference :slight_smile: => :x: WA Vs AC :white_check_mark:

Just play with code and never be serious (about rating).

5 Likes

Same story :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I see that it was your first(or second) time doing competitive programming. Why don’t you look at other people’s profile?

I solved more than 600 leetcode questions, participated more than 50 contests on different competitive programming websites. But still, I feel there are so much things to learn (flow network, geometry, other advanced topics).

10 Likes

Bro ! I am on the same boat tooo:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Then u have to visit my profile : ssrivastava990 | CodeChef User Profile for Chandan Agrawal | CodeChef
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s not the Option , can u assure yourself that if u quit cp ( which is important in Everywhere ( interview , job ) ) and start other thing u will not quit.
Bro if the cp is enough then we all are7 stars now …so don’t give shitty excuse…and ya no one cares. :expressionless::slightly_smiling_face:

@ninja_6969 Bro every competetive programmer has the same feeling . As your rating increases , your patience increases !! . Don’t take it too serious . First learn all the standard concepts and then start giving contests . I suggest you to read the story of Anudeep Nekkanti :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@ssrivastava990 Great improvement :heart_eyes:

Not great I say…but ya consistency matters, no matters how many I times I will fall I always rising up :slight_smile:
( sry for my poor English)

Bro, you have solved fibeasy…that was not an easy problem…
Don’t quit bro just because of some hard time… because this is the time that you will be taking in your future for motivation after grow from here…

6 Likes