ICPC 2019 online round discussion

How did your contest go? Lets share the solutions here and discuss the contest here :stuck_out_tongue:

I liked P3 in terms of its beauty for a problem of easy difficulty :slight_smile: . What was your favorite one?

15 Likes

P3 was indeed beautiful! I’m still wondering how to solve the Bitwise OR question :thinking: Btw, how many did you manage to solve @vijju123 ?

3 Likes

The first two questions were relatively easy compared to last’s year.

5 Likes

THIS TESTCASE WILL FAIL HALF OF THE SOLUTION FOR PROBLEM SUMOR:

20 12 19

20|12|19 = 31
12|19 = 31
19 = 19
31+31+19 = 81
THE correct answer is 81.
testcase are weak for this question. @admin @vijju123. there are lot many solution which gives 79 and still passes the testcases.

31 Likes

I absolutely cannot help as I am also a participant here like you. Only admin can help.

1 Like

You should explain why it is 81. It should be 79 according to me.

Why time limit exceeded for this code problem: TRAINSET
python 3.6 sorry i know most of you would be angry :angry: :smiley:

code: Sign up to continue coding - Replit

2 Likes

yeah, answer should be 81.

Can anyone please share logic for the 4th question?

2 Likes

Can someone post a solution for moving segments.
I tried line sweep but it didn’t work :frowning:

Are the solutions visible? How do you know half the solns would fail?

2 Likes

We submitted the solution to the third problem approx 6 minutes before the end of the contest.
And the status is still “Submission queued”. @admin Please look into the matter.

1 Like

@aman_robotics after the contest I asked my friend who solved it during contest. Their answer was failing the testcase I was struggling.

2 Likes

You are talking of PENS, right?

Well I used a greedy approach to assign the largest segment till it could be served by a single element. Now, how do we know if there is a single element that can serve a particular set. I used dp with bitmasks where each bit represents the characters that could be written. Now, use dp where each dp[i] is -1 if that set can’t be served by a single element (i is the bitmask). Else, it is the index of the element that can serve the subset.
I think code will be able to explain it better: //// Created by Naman Bhalla on 18/10/19.//#include <bits/stdc++.h>usi - Pastebin.com

2 Likes

When will they announce the result?

9 Likes

same here @admin

Hi !
If a team has scored rank 3 from a particular college in Amritapuri region but top two teams are in top 70 , is there a chance for our team to get into Amritapuri regionals ? @vijju123 @admin @Anyone ?

for icpc schools, we solved 2 problems. are we eligible for onsite and if so, how to register?

May be he submitted a solution which gave answer 79 on this testcase but it was accepted in contest

The first question was corrected after atleast 50 min . The part about the leading zeroes was not visible in the start . This has cost me 3 wrong ans . if u can please amend this fault …

9 Likes