ICPC India Regionals Online Round 2019 - Updates

The contest ranklist (along with the issues and concerns reported by the participants) have been forwarded to the respective Regional Contest Directors.

You will be receiving an update regarding the same from them.

81 Likes

By when should we expect the results ?
Because we will have to book train/flight accordingly.
Please give results ASAP. The seats are already very less.
@admin

30 Likes

Atleast write down the issues :confused: .

4 Likes

When will you unlock the ranklist

5 Likes

Is there any chances to reschedule the contest?

5 Likes

Probability of having contest rescheduled is nearly zero. ( Afaik)

7 Likes

If the actual solution of question is not possible than it can be transformed to approximation problem whose solution will be better will get better score. Still it will be wrong for those who does not submit their solution even one time but this is the best solution seems to be. For those who gets TLE (might be used better approach to solve optimally) must be awarded score in testcases in which their solution complete within time constraint and 0 score for remaining test cases.
@admin

4 Likes

If the Teams who used that wrong logic aren’t getting 100 only then it will be OK otherwise it’s not the solution for this otherwise it is even worse then leaving it as it . @admin

2 Likes

Changing the scores after the contest is not a very good idea as candidates have no control over it. Had it been called approximation problem during the contest, sure there would be many more submissions to it. And such discrepancies arising in icpc online test does not seem to be fair. Maybe it’s not totally unfair to reconduct…

8 Likes

Of course they should include such test cases in which those who used wrong logic get wrong answers.

Then it will be fine by everyone I guess. Only if wrong logic doesn’t get 100. @admin

And they should know about the WA verdict after the contest? When they can do nothing about it?

2 Likes

Some people here want a re-contest. How is it fair to reschedule the contest? Its not easy for participants to give such stress inducing and nervous rounds again and again. Also rescheduling will completely take away the advantage of the teams in the original leader board and all the teams will be back to ground zero.
Its almost like asking the students to appear for JEE Advanced exam again just because one question was incorrect in the original paper.
The most logical thing is to remove the question from consideration.

27 Likes

I think they should be happy that their code is giving atleast partial marks on wrong logic?

1 Like

What about the first question “Discount in Shop”. The same problem is available on GeeksforGeeks.
Click Here

Is codechef going to remove it as it did for TANDON? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

If one question is wrong in JEE Adv, it’s 1/120
If one question is wrong here, it’s 1/8

PS: Yes, I agree it’s unfair to re-conduct, but something needs to be done about wrong problem

16 Likes

@ankur314 is exactly on point. @viciouscoder I guess there is no comparison to JEE here!

3 Likes

@admin look into this as well. One question copied and one question wrong, is that how it works?

3 Likes

“but something needs to be done about wrong problem” - That is why i said to remove the question from consideration. 90 odd teams had solved it out of 4000 some and that seems the best solution right now.

9 Likes

There was only one issue and that was the wrong problem. The site was up at all times after the initial 15 minute disruption and the question gradient was perfect.

6 Likes