Iemco questions

LINK?

Link: Contest Page | CodeChef

1 Like

@sumanta1009 kindly bother to reply in the comment section Iā€™ve been desperately trying problem C since 2 hrs just asking for clarification

I myself has asked some doubts and no one is replying and more over the problems statements makes you guess many constraints on your own

Very true , It seems like something is wrong with the problem statement of problem C otherwise there would have been tons of ACā€™s for such a simple problem

Great idea of making tough contests. Just give the incomplete problem statements and wrong input/output format. :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

This contest is truly unique as we donā€™t have to find the solution only first we have to find question alsoā€¦
I am attaching the link of the similar question on hackerrank.

4 Likes

Already tried all possible interpretations for problem C , rage quit !

Metoo, I was like "Yeah Nahi hoga , upar se rating ka jhanjhat bhi nhi h , upar se kuch samajh bhi nhi aa raha , toh rahne hi do "

its been 2 hours 30 min, and there are a total of 100 correct answers, for a single question.
Says a lot, doesnā€™t it?

Wasted three hours of my life.

6 Likes

Try this : ā€œProgramming Problems and Competitions :: HackerRankā€
@aneee004 @dhruv788 @cubefreak777 @rathi_22 @ankurkayal @swapnil159

3 Likes

Mail to the ID given in desciption.
Someone named kaoushik deb will reply.

@ssrivastava990 Bhai bass aese hi contest ke baare mein batata raha kar badi meharbani hogi , kyunki maximum time mujhe pata hi nhi hota h ki koi contest ho raha h

1 Like

Did he really replied, and what do they think , we will mail a doubt and wait for the mail to come for a unrated short contest

For me, he replied twice about doubt regarding constraints and output format.

Codechef should stop hosting garbage contestsā€¦all the problems should go through a quality check before the contest is approved. At least make sure that there are no grammatical mistakes and statements give complete information even if problems are uninteresting. Almost 700 teams registered for this crappy contest. Make sure that this never happens again @admin

4 Likes

One of the 6 solutions that I tried for problem C :
k= number of vertices of the convex hull spanning all the given points
c=k/2
is it correct ?

There is a reason why it is unrated

1 Like

I just wanted to know what you guys did in problem A (Price Hike Strategy - IEMCO01)
What are your codes output to the following testcases

1 4 3 2 5 6 9 8 7 10