Iemco questions

Saying to Setters of this contest : “Nasha ho to aisa varna na ho” XD.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, was just wondering why is participation so less it doesn’t feels good even if you perform well :joy:

NO that’s incorrect ,it might not always be possible to have a triangle,

There exist two types of problems with less submissions - 1. Hard and 2. Ambiguous . This fell into the second category

Replying your ans as you are asking a specific question.First of all sorry for the inconvenience caused.I appreciate your brainstorming effort.In IEMCO01 ,we felt that giving more explanation may reveal pseudo code but after starting the exam we understood that many people are feeling it ambiguous (Total 2%-3% of individual participants reported problem on this contest and that’s huge for us to handle.We really regret for that and we can assure it will be clearer next time )We have posted in announcement to clarify while contest was going on.Lots of people reported now it is clear.Lots of people were also asking solution indirectly so we did not reply.
My request to you plz follow the announcement that was given yesterday.If still it is not clear ,our editorial will clarify.

1 Like

By when shall we expect the editorials ?

I think k/2 should work because we can always select alternate vertices to satisfy the constraints. It gives WA though. Don’t know why.

1 Like

yeah exactly I not only that I made 6 desperate submissions with all possible interpretations, curious to know what the actual solution is

+1 :confused:
I had to see the solution this morning.
Questions were very unclear!

or maybe 0 IQ
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

We regret that we could not reach you because there were huge number of comments in the site. We do not know whether you have communicated anyone of us via mail or whatsapp. We can assure that in these two media everyone was communicated. Still We regret for not being able to communicate wit you that time.

If you are saying about IEMCO03, the number of points in the boundary should be minimum and the number of coordinators should be unique.

We regret that we could not reach you because there was a huge number of comments in the site. We do not know whether you have communicated anyone of us via mail or whatsapp. Still We regret for not being able to communicate wit you that time.

Okay. Thank you for your response.

Yeah, k/2 in the sense that the quotient of k/2 will be the no. of coordinators ‘c’. And c is unique. But not always c = k/2. See the condition for selecting the coordinators. Actually, there is no relation between c and k. You need to find out c based on the condition that no two coordinators can be there on the same boundary line.
For your other query k is the no. of vertices on the convex hull (polygon). Rest n-k no. of points will remain strictly inside the boundary.
I regret not to be able to reply during the contest.

Thanks for clarification

It will not be always a triangle. it will be a convex polygon.

Please wait. I will post a new announcement soon regarding the prizes.

1 Like

k/2 in the sense that the quotient of k/2 is the no. of coordinators.

And what about k, it should just be the number of vertices in the convex hull . Is it correct ?