We are pleased to introduce CodeChef Games at https://www.codechef.com/games.
The objective of 1v1 is to promote competitive programming via an alternate competition format.
- Rated and available throughout the month. Different challenge types each day - Debugging, Code Completion, and Hacking
- Compete with other CodeCheffers. Compete against your friends
- The ‘Practice’ version of 1v1. Rated. Focus on learning and improvement.
- 1v1 challenges are shorter duration and available throughout the month
- You need to understand other user’s code in the real-world.
- Code completion and Debugging allow you to learn and read other’s style and approaches in an alternate compete & learn environment.
- Hacking as a skill is required during all rated contests. The ability to identify edge cases and logical errors can improve only with practice.
Who can participate in 1v1 games / puzzles?
Anyone with a CodeChef account can participate in 1v1
Will my CodeChef rating get affected by my 1v1 performance?
No. There will now be 3 different ratings on the platform:
- The primary CodeChef rating in Rated contests. This will be computed purely based on your performance in rated contests (ie. Starters, Cook-Offs, Lunchtimes, Longs).
- Your new CodeChef rating in 1v1 challenges. This will be computed based on 1v1 challenges that you compete in.
- Your new CodeChef rating in 1v1 puzzles. This will be computed based on 1v1 puzzles that you solve.
Is there any restriction for 1v1?
- Note that the problems in /games are existing CodeChef problems, but with their statements tweaked so as to make it harder to find the original problem. We hope that everyone utilizes their time on trying to solve the problems and improving themselves honestly, instead of trying to find the original problem.
- In the beta phase - we will keep the 1v1 challenge timings restricted from 6 PM to 1 AM IST. 1v1 Puzzles will be available throughout the day
- Currently, we have enabled 1v1 only for C++, and Python.
- We can set it up for other programming languages - we would need support from the community on the relevant content generation. In case you are interested - do reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Challenge a friend will go live by 17th Oct
- Java challenges will be added by 17th Oct
- Hacking will go live by 30th Oct
Please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the same on this thread.
We are in the Beta phase, and expect there to be plenty of issues. Please let us know about them so that we can fix them ASAP.