Introducing CodeChef Games

is c++ the only supported language yet?

Python 3 is also supported. We will soon bring support for Java too.

1 Like

Itā€™s really interesting and enjoyable!

Same here

Should work now.

The puzzles are cool but thereā€™s some issue in fetching submitted results as it happened with me twice that once I submitted the code, the system faced some difficulties to fetch the result and the time ended completely resulting in me loosing points. Kindly resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Hi @hard_to_smart - we checked your game. There was a delay in the submission judge results. We will debug this issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

@aayush249 plus everyone, Java is also one of the supported languages now, along with C++ and Python.

it also best for beginner :wink:

1 Like

Really cool initiative; I really enjoyed it.
Not a big fan of the attempt limitation. There should be negative marking on higher rated questions to make it more competitive. Also harder questions would be appreciated, most questions right now only require filling in basic statements like if, max, arithmetic etc.

@jehez0

• currently - problems / tasks are allocated to each user in an increasing order of difficulty - hence you are seeing easier problems right now. As you participate more - you should start seeing harder problems
1 Like
  • awesome but not allowing to change the structure of the code
  • it may become next generation cp

Please made these games available in C language at earliest as I canā€™t wait too long to begin with itā€¦:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @shivansh175 - this wont be coming in C in the near future (couple of months).
It is currently active for C++, Python, Java.

There are a few more features that we are working on - Challenge a friend and Hacking that will be made live before we focus on creating puzzles in other languages.

Hello everyone, we got some feedback around people getting easier problems in games. We have just now sent a fix to this. Now you will get problems according to your rating.

Note that this change is done only for puzzles for now. We will add it to 1v1 games as well by tomorrow.

Best of luck and Keep practicing.

From now on, the problems you get in 1v1 matches will also be according to the rating of both the players.

Best of luck and Keep practicing.

1 Like

Please also include the count of daily attempts left while the arena is live, I canā€™t find it right now on the Games zone.

Does current 1v1 allow cross language selection competitors as well? If not, it might make matching participants faster in my opinion, while letting them compete in their selected language.
If itā€™s already there, well and good. :slight_smile:

Hey @harshit_0 ,

Sure we will add the attempts remaining count.
Also no, we do not have cross languages matches right now. Both the players in a 1v1 match gets the exact same problem and the exact same code to debug.

Cross language matching sounds like a nice idea, but it is difficult to ensure that both the players get codes of same difficulty. Once we have a better idea of the difficulty of the tasks you get in 1v1, we may be able to bring cross language matching as well.

1 Like

Great! An attempts left counter will be helpful.
For cross-languages matches, I was expecting the similar language-based challenge of a same problem. Anyway, itā€™s fairer to have the same language match. Thanks for addressing it.