Invitation to CodeChef February Long Challenge 2020

Exactly!!

See ,

Suppose I become 4 star after long challenge ( somehow ) but in cookoff i would solve div 2 problems and suppose i get some rank ,

Once the long challenge ratings are calculated , i will be in div1 but would have participated in div2 cookoff and my new ratings of cookoff will be calculated as per my rank in div2 cookoff ??

@vijju123 how are the ratings calculated ?
I dont know thats why asking …

This case happened multiple times in past when ERC’s were held between long. I actually forgot what was the case, but some forum searching should tell how things proceed to resolve this. I will try to re-ask admin tomorrow if you are unable to find on the forum.

1 Like

It will be according to div 2 cook off

This happened earlier during enigma plinth contest

Engima contest was rated for both div1 and div2 so it shouldn’t matter I think

A doubt regarding scholarship for ccdsap:
Long has a challenge problem with relative scoring which is separate for each division, then when the combined rank list will be made, do they normalize the score for everyone for the challenge problem ?
@vijju123

2 Likes

Afaik, normalization is not done. But again, I havent asked admin either. Try dropping them a mail perhaps

1 Like

Is the scholarship coupon only for march 22nd exam ?
Or for exam even taken after 22nd march ?

@admin @vijju123

1 Like

AFAIK The delta is calculated from the current rating(1722 in your case) for both the contest.

@vijju123 @admin Is asking tc in long allowed this time, specially for 4th question of div2? I am asking this because there are some people exchanging tc on whatsapp group and telling its going on in codechef discussion forum.

1 Like

Yes?

1 Like

Why don’t you read the rules at bottom and figure it out? :slight_smile: .

PS: Not allowed.

2 Likes

@vijju123
Please solve my little doubt that 1st rank among those who applied for ccdsap scholarship in an university will get 100 % scholarship or Overall 1st rank no matter wheather the first rank holder have applied or not for the scholarship from that university?

Will get admin to reply to you.

1 Like

Any answer yet! I thought of reminding you Sorry for disturbance.

Hi,

Overall list, ie including people who did not apply, is seen

1 Like

thank you very much Sir

@vijju123 :slight_smile:

Only for March exam, except for expert where it can be used in May exam.

3 rated contests clashing now !!