Invitation to CodeChef February Long Challenge 2020

I messaged cc about this and didn’t get any reply(they said they are looking into the matter).
It seems that normalization is not done.

True. The difference between the best solutions of two divisions is good enough to make rankings up and down.
But I don’t think normalization would be done.

But I think it can be done if they want to. Just writing a script will do. Open best submission and take it’s score ( not relative but absolute) and then normalize it. It not very non trivial.

3 Likes

Any extra To Do might be tedious for them.

For the DSA scholarship, the scores of the challenge problem (RAISINS) will be normalized across both the divisions. This will not affect the scores in the actual contest.
In particular, all the submissions on RAISINS from both the divisions will be considered, and their scores computed assuming they had been submitted in the same contest.

1 Like

100+ pages of plagiarised people
2500+ who are caught for copying solutions/approaches
and how many are hints seekers
and how many are test case seekers
aakhir yaha kya ho raha h

disguisting is that 175+ coders in div1 are also caught
which is >15% of coders in div1

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

how do you know about these stats?

2 Likes

go to last pages in feb long div 2 ranklist bro
last 100+ pages are cheaters only
never know how many are cheaters but are smart enough to escape moss

oh… and great thing is it increased my rank. So can i expect more ratings now :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

may be No

dont worry bro,
if u are in codechef and u are not cheating…
that itself is a great thing

@hari_2666, cheating is wrong, but when done on a large scale is tough to prevent. One who cheats is just cheating for the rating, but they end up cheating themselves, if they are really passionate about coding. So stop cribbing, and start coding, if you love coding. :grinning:

1 Like

i dont like coding at all

really??
how???
how are they cheating themselves??
they will be cheating themselves only if they are capable of doing great in icpc but they never learnt anything because they cheated

but these people are simply useless
even if they practice…their cheating minds will still be uselesss…they will not be able to solve even 1 problem in any contest without cheating
they know nothing except cheating
they cant achieve anything anywhere else other than in codechef
but they can simply cheat in hiring exams and get good jobs
so they are not cheating themselves …they are just spoiling the fun and interst of others

Nope ratings change only once according to immediate ranklist.

1 Like

Actually I am giving contests regularly from July long 2019. Since then I see updated rank in graph after MOSS but ratings seems to be same.
That’s why I inferred the above statement :sweat_smile:.

Coding rounds are not the only thing over which companies pick you up, nobody can cheat in coding interviews or any type of face to face interview.
Recruiters are not that stupid, they know how to select people.
Don’t pick on people so much who cheated as if it’s the only thing that matters to Codechef.

Then why are you active here so much? I have never seen you upsolve or participate in any contest actively.

People talk on discuss about coding problems and to learn new things in CP.
I don’t like to pick on anyone but don’t spread so much negativity on the forum. :slight_smile:
This is a mindsport like chess, we come here for that. Competitive Programming is not the only thing that can help you get an interview many more things matter such as System Design, RDBMS, OOPs and so many fundamentals of computer programming besides problem solving and logical thinking.
Cheaters exist so let them be, they are doing harm to themselves by cheating and nobody can go to lengths just by cheating. They exist in very less numbers and codechef takes stricter actions than most platforms i have ever seen honestly speaking.
Just relax and keep practising and don’t spread so much hate. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

i dont think there is any use in upsolving

Those are pure stats right…what is spreading hate in this??

if 1 2 cheats thats normal
if >15% of div1 are caught…then thats not normal at all

if there are people who praise when someone does well…there will also be people who will cricticize when they are caught as cheaters…if they enjoy bragging…they will have to face bashing as well

If you only look at the negative side of everything you will never ever be able to look at positive side.
And your argument that upsolving is useless is utterly stupid because you will repeat mistakes not learn from doing CP…etc etc I don’t want to list everything that will exceed the whole word limit and there are countless articles on quora on the importance of this.

So what I am saying is…you say there is around 15-20% who plagiarized then there are 80-85% who didn’t which is a majority and publicly bashing people will affect you and no one else. Contribute useful by helping others in their doubts or write blogs on how to make an algorithm more useful or write an editorial this is beneficial to the community.

2 Likes

15-20% are caught broo
how many would have asked for tests
how many would have asked for hints
how many would have asked for solutions but are smart enough to escape MOSS

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: