Invitation to CodeChef October Lunchtime 2019

Greetings CodeChef community!

I would like to invite you to participate in CodeChef October Lunchtime 2019. This is a 3-hour contest and everyone is welcome to participate and test their coding skills. And the problems are available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

If you have any original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in the CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here: Problem Idea Submission | CodeChef.

I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

-Setter and Editorialist: jafarbadour (Jafar Badour)
-Tester: teja349 (Teja Vardhan Reddy)

• Statement Verifier: xellos0 (Jakub Safin)
  • Mandarin Translator: stzgd (Gedi Zheng)
  • Vietnamese Translator: songuku95 (Team VNOI)
  • Russian Translator: gomelfk (Fedor Korobeinikov)
  • Bengali Translator: solaimanope (Mohammad Solaiman)
  • Hindi Translator: devils_code (Akash Srivastava)

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 26th October 2019 (1930 hrs) to 26th October 2019 (2230 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/LTIME77

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 10 Indian and top 10 Global school students from ranklist will receive certificates and CodeChef laddus, with which they can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: How do I win a CodeChef Goodie?.

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

13 Likes

I hope I reach 3 stars after this contest :smiley:

1 Like

maximum rating that can be obtained in a single contest is fixed so thats not possible.

but in a few contest you will be 6-7 star easily

1 Like

Author’s solution seems incorrect ( I am 99.99% sure) for Kth Numbers.
No one is replying to comments about this issue. :frowning:
@jafarbadour @teja349 @kingofnumbers @kal013
Can anyone find any issue in this solution CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone ?
Edit :
Added comment 2.5 hours ago (8:29 pm) about this issue. Still no reply.
So I assume contest won’t be unrated and problem will be correct.
Please help me in finding bug.

4 Likes

Is the subtask 1 of Kth numbers correct ?

5 Likes

All getting WA in subtask 1 and AC in subtask 2 still admin be like
“We are correct”. What a confidence !! :expressionless: :clap:

5 Likes

First subtask seems wrong for kth numbers. My code gives WA if i exit before reading n for 10th testcase and gives SIGABRT if i read n for 10th case?

6 Likes

Maybe the same thing is happening with me here : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

The interesting part is what gone wrong after i changed it to this :
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/27584185

Can anyone help me understand ?

1 Like

Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with this solution for first subtask? CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone I’ve stress-tested with another one that got it and found no wrong case.

1 Like

My solution uses naive multiplication on smaller testcases and passes. Most probably there would be a bug in your code.

tagging yourself ? XD \hspace{0mm}

Mine is simple brute force. :pensive:

Same here. I did brute force for this formula.

1 Like

I kept getting WA on the small test case. In fact, I tried asserts and it seems that there is an issue with test cases. I tried A_i\ge -10^9 and it gave SIGABRT!

1 Like

Did anyone get the first subtask right ?

Same happened to me, I think. I don’t know FFT and other stuff but, CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone this O(n*n) solution should pass the first test case. Isn’t it?

1 Like

Haha, yeah! Looks like the same setter as Game of ORs in ICPC :rofl:

1 Like

can you check my solution ?? It gives Wrong Answer for subtask1.

Yes, scoreboard also has problems. Check the ranks 102, 115 and 127. @admin

My solution passed for first subtask in the contest only but why my submission is removed I got AC on first subtask in the contest I wasted my 2 hours on single problem only and Now that submission is removed why?? This rejudging criterion is ridiculous why people can’t bugless and fully tested problems for such a great contest rejudging after the contest tells us that sometime before you were right I joyed but later on when I saw the solution removed completely disgusting situation by codechef

2 Likes