Invitation to CodeChef September Long Challenge 2020

Greetings CodeChef community!

The CodeChef September Long Challenge is all set to be served. We invite coders from across the community to become a part of this ten-day long coding Contest.

The contest will be live from 4th September 2020 till 14th September 2020. So code, learn, and don’t forget to become a part of this exceptional race to the top of the leaderboard.

The problem statements will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin, and Vietnamese. Also if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in the CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Code against Programmers from all over the globe in this thrilling contest! Accompanying me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 4th September 2020 (1500 hrs) to 14th September 2020 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone

Contest link:

http://bit.ly/SEPT20-CodeChef-discuss

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in the Indian category and top 10 performers in the Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: https://goodies.codechef.com/.

Good Luck!

Hope to see you participating!!

Happy Programming !!

15 Likes

is the here intentionally kept like that always ? Cause it’s been like that for the previous two invitations afaik.

2 Likes

fixed, this is the correct link: Problem Idea Submission | CodeChef

2 Likes

thanks a lot :hugs:

1 Like

Can Unrated coders become setters? Or is the id wm101 fake??

1 Like

I think you can become a problem setter by recommendation or having an ID elsewhere like on codeforces or Atcoder.

1 Like

Hoping I’ll become a 6* after this or not 4* atleast

I am well prepared to lose my ratings this time :smiley: :P. But won’t see leaked solutions for once.

1 Like

He is JEE AIR - 23 :pray:. Navneet Singhal.

3 Likes

Is this a Codechef Long Challenge or a Mathchef Long challenge ?

8 Likes

True most/all of it is only maths.

Sorry all, but my Editorials for MOVCOIN2 and MVCN2TST will be delayed :frowning:

This is partly because these are my first two Editorials and I underestimated how much work goes into them, but mostly because I tried to do something … a little different, and it ended up taking up a bunch of time :slight_smile:

They’re in a state where they are useful though, I think, so I’ll be including links to HTML versions in this post and updating them as things get done; hopefully there will be links to drafts within the next half-hour or so.

I’m incredibly tired and fairly busy, though, so updates might takes a while XD

Edit: Wait, what - the Editorial threads have been made public, but they’re not ready yet XD

Edit2: I have no idea what’s going on, but here’s the current MOVCOIN2:

MOVCOIN2 Draft Editorial
MOVCOIN2 Editorial Solution

… and MVCN2TST:

MVCN2TST Draft Editorial
MVCN2TST Editorial Solution

Edit3:

The official Editorial threads are now the ones you should be reading :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Do view video editorials at The IITian Coder - YouTube

2 Likes

Simon, I think the editorial already contains many ideas that will be helpful to most contestants. We decided to make it public, so contestants can also discuss the problem. Is fine to update it when you have more time.

4 Likes

Ah, Ok - thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

Congrats to the winners!

Div 1

1. rns6
  2. oilhun
  3. kut_hbi1998
  4. xuanyi
  5. white2302
  6. jatinaggarwal1
  7. run_timeterror
  8. krismaz
  9. supersri_pro
  10. akash4983

Div 2

1. demidenko
  2. wasa855
  3. chan_iitp
  4. veladus
  5. umesh007
  6. niketagl, speeddeet, thesamet, ashutosh321607, jethalal_e, aniketjain0317, wpooh, wallbreaker4, aditi060303, too many contestants stacked here! (they should try the tie-break :slight_smile: )
2 Likes