Invitation to May Long Challenge 2020

CodeChef May Long Challenge starts in less than 42h. This time there will be 10 problems in div1 and 8 in div2. I challenge top coders to get perfect score in less than 8h.

The contest has a wide range of topics including sorting, strings, graphs, data structures, maths, …

46 Likes

10 Problems!! Do we have more easy - medium questions or more hard questions?

7 Likes

difficulty is relative :wink:

18 Likes

Ooh 10 problems! :slight_smile:
It’s gonna be interesting!
Let’s do this xD

1 Like

I predict ques are tough :stuck_out_tongue:
(based on last cook off and lunchtime )

4 Likes

Plural? :slight_smile: Will be interesting to see how this impacts the delay before Editorials being released.

11 Likes

Delay should ideally be zero now,
Expecting editorials (of tough questions) just after the contest :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m expecting them before the start the contest…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

First Long of 2020 for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

maybe several editorialists work on each editorial and the delay is greater than before :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:frowning: Aren’t 10 days enough for each setter to complete editorial for his own question alone

Problem setters may or may not be good in writing editorials.

Been waiting for this for soooo long.

Aankhe bhar aayi ye post dekhke

2 Likes

I think great step and it would be better if each problem is visible only for one day and every day one new problem comes. This I think would be better as ranks gets increased very much during last days and one day is enough to try a sum many times and it would also encourage people to make a visit to Codechef daily and not in the last days.

4 Likes

Don’t open contest page, I will share link of one problem everyday with you :stuck_out_tongue:
And FYI 1 day is not enough for each problem. Can you solve last problem of long in one day ? I cannot.
Let everybody else enjoy all 10 problems at a time.
Or else try hackerearth circuits.
PS: I hate that format of hackerearth long challenge.

12 Likes

Don’t open contest page, I will share link of one problem everyday with you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I did that last contest and tried a problem for a day.

1 Like

The time required for each problem is not equal for me. Its like I solve first 3 in a day, then i need 1-2 more day for next two and then I need 6-8 or infinity days for next one or two.

8 Likes

I totally agree with you but if I’m able to solve a problem in 24 hours and I solve it in 25th hour then I won’t regret if someone got points for it .

I don’t mind others getting points for it.
I mind when people who took more than 24 hours of hardwork not getting points. They will just leave the partially solved problem after 24 hours. That shouldn’t be done.

2 Likes

I’m guessing this long challenge for div-2 will have same level as of March one. Top 3 easy, 4th and after medium-hard or hard.