Invitation to May Long Challenge 2020

April Long had just too high scores in Div2, I too am guessing it’ll be harder this time.

Tester or Taster

I would say so but wouldn’t risk my neck for the one I know among them

5 Likes

The CHEF’S problems need to be TASTED

2 Likes

codechef

13 Likes

That is really sad…
btw do people get laddus for individual first AC on each problem or only the one who gets the first AC on any problem? Are div2 problems counted?

2 Likes

What ?? obviously not.

I am not sure if the first AC winner for div1 and div2 are different ( for common problems) . Also I am not sure if practice problem from other division is considered.
Maybe you can tag admin so that we can get a clarification for laddus.

1 Like

Congrats on 7* :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The questions are really interesting and comparatively harder than the April Challenge. But why is the participation so less despite of such interesting questions? Is it because of the difficulty? Or is there something about some new rules(just guessing) than I am not aware of?

The Challenge has just begun, I’m sure more participants will join after a couple days

The comment section of the problem is the right place to write that, and if the admin or setter thinks an answer is needed, you’ll get it there. None topic related to the problems of an ongoing contest should be discussed in the forum

2 Likes

Try submitting a solution, and write

assert(N<=10);

Update : All editorials are on time :slight_smile:
Thanks to all problem setters and @alei

And they are very detailed :smiley:

8 Likes

Was Triple sort just an easy version of this problem ? I see unusual similarity between the 2 problems
PROBLEM LINK : Problem - 1012E - Codeforces

At a very cursory first glance, they don’t look similar to me. The premise is similar, sure. But the problems are pretty different I think because in the CF problem, the constraint is on the sum of all the cycles updated. Whereas in the CC problem, the constraint is on the size of each single update. But we will ask the contest admin and the setter/tester to have a proper look and respond.

1 Like

There’s an editorial for the challenge problem as well this time… :thinking:

2 Likes

Please take a look at the answer here.

Ratings Updated.

Congrats to the winners!

Div 1 (north korea dominated in the last hours)

1. kut_hgs1997
  2. kuticpcer
  3. rns5
  4. xuanyiming
  5. ACRush
  6. endagorion
  7. lg5293

Div 2.

1. korneev
  2. xzz_233
  3. acchathikache
  4. newbie314159