Is cook109 is unrated?

i agree that unrated contests hurt…but what can they do if their servers can’t handle so many people?
what if they sayWE WILL STOP ORGANIGING CONTESTS FOR NOW ANDCOMEBACK AFTER A YEAR WITH PERFECT SERVERS AND PERFECT CONTESTS

would u be happy abt that??

4 Likes

Can someone tell me, what are the actual problems behind the slowness of codechef website?

Hello Chefs,
Due to the ongoing MOSS process for the AUG19 challenge I think the rating calculation for the COOK109 has been put on hold, COOK109 ratings will be calculated and updated hopefully after the completion of the MOSS process for AUG19 you can find more about it on the AUG19 announcements section.

Have a massive rating increase
Good luck :wink:

1 Like

Ohhh I didn’t know that they calculate ratings for each and every user manually.
Wow so you mean they calculated ratings for each and everyone in just few hours for previous contests ? Manually ??

1 Like

Why? Because you said so? :slight_smile:

By properly do you mean bootlicking you like usual customer supports? Nah. :slight_smile:

Let me then save both our time.

As intimated earlier, I cant be bothered to answer your query given your aggression. Good day sir :smiley:

7 Likes

Err… Umm… When was COOK109 declared unrated?

1 Like

I can understand that many have been feeling that the contest should be unrated. Honestly speaking, I thought that too. I tried submitting the solution for the COKE problem and then bam Internal Server Error. Trust me, I was furious specially since I started competitive coding again after a long break almost a month ago and I had a wonderful long challenge. After the issue with WARRIOR problem, I just shut down my laptop. I know that my ratings are gonna fall.

But that does not mean that you should vent your anger towards the CodeChef platform. You have to understand that they try their best to make a good experience for one and all of you. There is a reason why we all chose this platform. Sometimes things go wrong, all of us are erroneous and make mistakes. Let’s just leave it like that. I am gonna make it up for the ratings in the next contest. I hope others do too. Peace out. :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Funniest joke I have heard in quite a while.

2 Likes

BTW, maybe if codechef sticks to pretests during the contests and then run AC codes against full tests after contest, that might help in reducing the load on codechef servers during contest.

3 Likes

Codechef doesn’t use hundreds of test cases, so no point of pretests.

I am completely against making this unrated, Imagine someone waiting 10+ days for a contest, they do really well and it becomes unrated. Of course I understand the other perspective too but in the end the blame is really on codechef. They’re one of the premiere coding sites and hence have a huge responsibility.

4 Likes

well, I do have a binary search solution , with time complexity O(nlogn) , but it was giving me tle, can you look at my code ?

19th Aug, 00:30 IST: The August Cook-Off 2019 has ended!
The editorials can be found here.
The problems have been moved to the practice section.
Solutions are public for all the problems.
Laddus will be provided post ratings calculation.

It is clearly stated in the last line: post ratings calculation => It’s a rated contest. Just be patient. Our ratings are in safe hands. :slight_smile:

It was suggested. The problem is that, each of the short contest is based on rules of some greater contest (i.e. Cookoff follows ICPC rules and LTIME follows IOI rules). Since none of those follow pretest-systest so admin is not very keen of changing the existing format to pretest-systest.

6 Likes

This is extended MOSS process because of the CCDSAP scholarship program

how does it make any difference :expressionless: ??
Moss has nothing to do with ratings calculation.
And ratings calculation can’t be affected by moss.
I think ratings calculation is automated system once they press start button :thinking:

2 Likes

Great understanding @jjtomar

I said ‘observation’, and I believe that the problem with your code is overflow… which is the reason for TLE, even in python, such large numbers (of order 2^n) will take O(n) in each comparison.

when the final decision will come??

1 Like

It’s almost 2 days yet the ratings are not updated … what is the reason?? Anyone please confirm