Is starting competitive programming in 2nd year is too late?

I think it should be BZOJ, it takes me a lot of time to practice. Most of the problems are very diffcult and very enlightening.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Its completely in Chinese I guessā€¦

same question to you? @l_returns from you too. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:Thatā€™s true. Most of the problems come from the annual high school studentā€™s programming contest in Chinaā€™s major provinces.

2 Likes

It is so fascinating to see that even school students are dedicated for cp in China :slight_smile: Are you a high school student as well ?

In China, high school students who win prizes in algorithmic contests can get preferential policies for further education, so there are a large number of tale among them. and I am just an ordinary college student.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Main reason that China won ICPC so many times . Lack of awareness in our country .

1 Like

In fact, China has not won the ICPC Championship for many years.:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

We start with programming in 19/20 age :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Before Russia china was dominating in ICPC .

1 Like

The main culprit is Russia for that. Also some very good Chinese competitors go to MIT and compete from there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Great !!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:!!!

U can also move and compete from there .

I started learning programming at the age of 19, but I saw a lot of people who were younger and better than me. Itā€™s too common in China. and Iā€™m retired now.

4 Likes

Nice Joke :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I canā€™t get it.:sweat_smile:

Hello , what is your approach to solve hard problems on codechef contests ? I joined codechef 6 months back when i was in 1st year and my rating is not increasing much.

It will increase. Donā€™t worry. Go to all the previous-6-months contests since you started and solve the problems of all Longs of div-2 completely, look at editorial if you get no idea. This way many important concepts would be introduced to you. Which will be enough to come to Div-1 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you for your valuable advice :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Totally man! there is very less awareness among school students about CP.

1 Like