Is thinking about ratings wrong?

Rewards are only of two types:- 1)Ratings+2)Ranks. I agree it can be big/small… but it always be these two rewards only…and nothing else…

I think these are secondary rewards . Apart from these it increases your logical thinking , working under-pressure , optimizing solution and many more. Life is full of odds ,in one way it helps you not to just get prepare but also beat the odds.
I will consider primary rewards as making me able to handle a difficult situation.
Also primary and secondary rewards may vary from person to person.

2 Likes

Yes, I fully agree with it. There are internal rewards as well.

And I love richard moore. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a question about how difficult it is to reach 7 stars in codechef, because the famous players @anon55659401 gave did not reach 7 stars.

Being a top contributor ! = being a good coder.

I am a newbie in cp and do it only in free time. So please don’t expect much from me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For you, it’ll be easy, I feel :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean the list of people you gave, sorry for my poor english. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

The list I gave…a few of them have been 7-star in the past. Its hard to be a 7-star and super-hard to be 7-star consistently in my opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You scared the shit out of me :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Maybe l_returns can reach it. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

He already has @l_returns is the best coder I know. He always helps me with doubts as well + he is too handsome.

2 Likes

If he tries only long challenges he can easily reach there. Although Sooner or later he will reach 7* not today but tomorrow surely.

2 Likes

By he i meant @l_returns not you sir, you may become 7* in a span of 2-3 months for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah and surely loopfree can reach there even Sooner. :grin:

1 Like

karangreat is also best coder :grin:

Thanks :slight_smile::slight_smile: though I am not that good as of now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bachcha kabil bano, kabil … kamyabi toh saali jhak maarke peeche bhagegi - 3 idiot XD.

5 Likes

Look at the number of participants having rating >=2000 in Codechef short contests as compared to Codechef Long. You will understand what he meant.

2 Likes

That’s true.
But I feel thinking too much about your rating can put unnecessary pressure on you especially in short contests. This happens with me quite often when I am close to a rating milestone. So I think atleast during contests, one should forget about the rating change they would be getting and concentrate on just solving the problems.

2 Likes