It's all on you Codechef

I know what I say.

Dear Sir, if that idea is not good, then please suggest any strategy to reduce potential plagiarism as far as possible.
I am losing hope on myself, after being able to solve 4 challenges in June Lunchtime Division2 and not even able to solve 5 challenges in current Long Challenge.
It’s fine if I am not able to solve, I will learn the concept from editorial.
But I get depressed if I find myself under so many cheaters.

Why , there is nothing wrong to post with original ID .

Ok , tell me (ask some good coders too tag them , they reply in very good manner) u wanna participate in that competiton in which u don’t even know what my rank is and my submissions are correct ? WTH , if I dont’t know my rank I m not gonna doing long or any of this type of contest.

That’s the main issue , yeah we may concern that some user cheats and increasing rating , but man try to understand there is nothing for so called depression , U know depression or just used term “DEPRESSION”.

2 Likes

Your or anyone’s suggestions would not make Codechef implement that. A lot of discussion has been done on this. Admin knows the problem and also all the solutions proposed by various members of the community. It’s for them to decide whether they want to control this or not, and if yes then How?

Coming to your depression thing, If it gives you depression, I’d rather suggest you to not participate until something is done.

9 Likes

Codechef should ban all those who make “fake” accounts for just posting anything . If they really give suggestions then post with original ID , but they always blames CC by posting with multiple fake accounts.

BTW @admin can u please tell us who is the moderator for discuss now , as vijju’s tenure with CC is over .

2 Likes

Why, Everyone one has so much complains . Even if those cheaters get more points, Does it really make a difference to us ?? Inside We all Know That they can’t achieve anything in future by Cheating, So why do we care and why getting depressed. If you can solve a problem just try your best. Your effort Matters at last not the results.
" Win In Silence let them think you are Losing " :blush: :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

Nothing wrong with “constructive criticism”.

2 Likes

Do not give the result of submission for any challenge. We can see that, if a user gets AC, then there is a chance that he/she will post his/her solution on some medium telling he/she got AC for his/her solution.

Doesn’t this contradict with what you said below

1. When I submit a solution and when I get AC, it gives me confidence.
  2. When it gives me WA, it makes me think where I am missing the logic.
3 Likes

WHAT WAS YOUR POST ABOUT THO?

What?

It’s not my post, it’s someone else’s, but it shouldn’t have been flagged

I don’t know how to fix it, but any fix we use shouldn’t be destructive to the normal users as well

1 Like

According to me leave all those cheaters u hv lunchtime nd cookoff show yr performance in that frgt abt long just give yr best u knw that u r not cheating

4 Likes

If someone “not much experienced” solves more challenges than you, then do not think that that they have cheated, just think if “someone not much experienced” can solve, then you can too, and then, move on.

6 Likes

Well, at least he has not created a new account to give suggestions which even he thinks is stupid.

1 Like

Best way to fix this is to remove long challenges or make them unrated completely. Replace them with more frequently held time-constrained contests like codeforces or atcoder. No point in solving problems if others are just copying submissions. :confused:

1 Like

yeah agree with @hblord787

Why bother having contests then? Just solve practice problems.

To all who create thread in every long that it should be unrated.
If you have so many problems then just don’t give the contest. Also, I don’t know how do you come to know that sol are available on youtube or telegram or any other place if you haven’t searched for it. Cheating is even done on CF. But people don’t care much as it is short contest and you don’t get time for searching on youtube or any other place. So, people don’t know where sol are available. At last, cheaters are cheating themselves. So, just do your best.

7 Likes

@anon74515879 I completely understand your point. But few of your points are pretty vague. I feel following Codeforces pattern will be more apt.
Few suggestions:

1. Showing results based on preliminary test cases like Passed Pretest and some hidden test cases which will be judged after the contest. This suits both the cases a user get some idea if they are going in the right track and some pretty nice cases kept hidden.
  2. Reducing the length of the contest is quite debatable.
  3. Open hacking phase when other participants can hack solutions if they can find a failing test case. (Will encourage people to work more on the logic by generating test cases which can be eventually added)
  4. Rating calculation changes based on Problem locking. (Once you lock a problem you cannot submit more submissions to it or maybe submit but that will not get counted towards your rating.)
1 Like

Yeah, an irritating trend, which should hopefully stop with all the rejected flags.

2 Likes