I have seen threads on Users voting for making the Long Challenges unrated. And Codechef admin replying they will not be unrated. Then how can we reduce the cheating in long challenges?
Well, I have some tips, which will actually be helpful in reducing Cheating in Long Challenges.
Before going through them, let us observe some things happening around:
- Solutions are shared in Telegram groups.
- If any challenge gets more than 200 submissions by the end of 4th day of contest, then no doubt the the submissions will cross 5000 by the end of contest.
- Plagiarism detection is not up to the mark. Since the contest runs for 10 days, a user will have plenty of time to modify the solution he got from others, hence, they are not being caught in Plagiarism check.
- When will a user share his/her solution with another person? Simply when he/she gets AC.
Here are the tips
- Do not give the result of submission for any challenge. We can see that, if a user gets AC, then there is a chance that he/she will post his/her solution on some medium telling he/she got AC for his/her solution.
- Let the ranklist be hidden. Reveal the ranklist at the end of contest.
Why will these tips work?
- Before submitting any solution, A user can verify the code by running it against some test cases which are within the constraints. Hence, it can improve debugging skills. After gaining enough confidence about the solution, he/she can submit. Since time of submission is not a factor, it will be fine.
- Why shouldn’t the result of solution be given after submitting?
Users share their solutions iff their solution gives AC or partial score. Hence, if they don’t know whether their solution is working or not, they’ll not share their solution.
- Why freeze ranklist or hide ranklist?
Users can find their friends in the ranklist. If anyone of them gets higher score, then there is a chance that this user will get the solution from them.
Why am I starting this topic?
- When I submit a solution and when I get AC, it gives me confidence.
- When it gives me WA, it makes me think where I am missing the logic.
- But if a person who is not much experienced in CP solves more challenges than me and if he/she cheated and was not caught by Plagiarism Detection, it gives me Depression.
I am not a newbie. I have another account where I am a four starrer. I don’t want to reveal my identity and hence I am using another account.