January Long Challenge 2020

there are some guys you will find everywhere ,who will take care of his as well as others progress …always thinking :-“how he got more (cheating kia hoga pakka )”:grinning::grinning:

This is one of the reasons i don’t take part in long challenges :joy:. It’s a good initiative but exploited to no end.

2 Likes

i think the ghost is pretty noob. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Here’s another one

Someone sent me over web.

Looks like it’s happening everywhere, and this group is related to some programming institute i guess “Coding Blocks”

1 Like

@admin
How do problem setters or admins get to know that the problem they have genuinely created, is not already existing?
I mean, even if you’re creating a problem on your own, still there’s a pretty good chance that similar problem could be existing somewhere.

1 Like

lol :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl:

The more you will post the solution, the more your rank will decrease coz other people will get the solution.

finally i got partially correct answer after 30 WAs.i was missing a constraint, somebody have said right if you will read question again and again you will find the answer in it.

1 Like

True!! I have 10 WAs. Just need more 20 WAs :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

just focus on question (try to understand it) and most important on constraints you will get AC .

@admin can you add explanations to the examples. Its always helpful for the readers, instead of just giving the output for the example input testcases.

If its possible can someone tell me the explanation for the last testcase output.
From my understanding: The original sequence is (3,2,5), (5,2,3) and which are the other two.
Thank you!

if the explaination is not given, then it is not to be given

3 Likes

Problem setter @rishup_nitdgp has replied to the second part of your question in the comments section.

" a i values can be negative."

If you think now, you’ll be able to find the other pair yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you do that in a short contest with penalty. You’ll be down the leaderboard in no time. So better not make a habit of it

1 Like

i always keep in mind when i participate in short contests .

Thanks buddy i got the other two (5,-2,7) and (7,-2,5). Writing it here in case anyone is stuck like me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

in the problem ISBIAS

• Ap<Ap+1…<Aq
  • if p>L, then Ap<Ap−1
  • if q<R, then Aq>Aq+1
    how this three conditions will hold at the same time??

yep that is confusing .

and most amzing thing is …u r also in that grp :joy::joy:

1 Like

i just asked the same in comment of the question and the problem setter has answer it too. check it out, now its more clear.