Long Contest Harsh Reality

the last few hours of long contests are like magical hours. Everyone getting ideas of solving the problems and rank decreases drastically in short span of minutes not even in hours. A problem having around 150 submissions yesterday or maybe a little more is having around 300 submissions now. Maybe what i am thinking is not right, but these are my thoughts i wanna share.
#goldenhours #longcontests

72 Likes

Yes Bro I also Noticed that…That’s true

3 Likes

ended up at 319 from around 240 in just a time span of 2-3 hours

6 Likes

From last 2 days I am noticing that all of sudden everyone is able to solve GUESSG. Yesterday, I was ranked under 200 and now it’s 493.

2 Likes

welcome to long contests :joy:…
magic happens here

4 Likes

according to another CC Discuss topic, a user is positive that video solutions are being posted on Youtube before the contest had ended

2 Likes

Its only natural I’d say! Generally people get an adrenaline rush or just try throwing everything they have at a question in the final hours/minutes. It also happens to me in every contest that i solve only for a little time in the start, no time in the middle and most time in the end!

6 Likes

@ashk_21

Screenshot_2020-06-15 purshotam bhai sacred games meme - Google Search

11 Likes

You are right, but i was keeping an eye on CONTAIN submissions, and in last 3 hours it gets 50 + submissions. I don’t know how?

A lot of shit has been going on. Someone posted the tutorial for the hardest problem - “Chef and price control” which I believe no one in div 1 can solve. Someone else made um_nik solve a div 1 question in codeforces (he got banned).

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:

They might be genuine. I’ve been trying it since 2 days and was almost gonna get AC (but didn’t even get partial).

1 Like

Just search on youtube “Codechef June Long challenge solutions” and you will get solutions to atleast 4-5 questions.
So sad that people upload these answers even while the contest is still going on!!!

2 Likes

things are complicated in long contests :expressionless:

1 Like

yeah maybe

It’s not about the golden hours. People Actually medidate these 9 days and finally they can see everything. :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

Had 390 rank at morning,ended up with 660.

1 Like

There’s definitely Cheating no doubt. But I also want to bring another important aspect that is many users solve all questions from second account and then push the AC solutions on the last day. This is not same as the other cheating but this also contributes to the boost on final day and as others say, adrenaline rush is also a small paramter.

4 Likes

Woah you made new account just to abuse…

3 Likes