Long Contest Harsh Reality

i dont think so if someone can meditate this long with that much effieciency :sweat_smile:

1 Like

definitely a reason for the boost

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

18 Likes

Totally Relatable :joy: :joy:

1 Like

:joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Although this has been posted many times, I firmly think that Codechef Long Challenge is becoming irrelevant. There are way too many cheaters and the 10 day period doesn’t help either. People ask solutions for almost all the questions.
It is good if you want to improve but then the rise in the level of questions is too steep. If anyone wants to actually improve in comp. programming, I would recommend doing Codeforces contests. They are the best source. Otherwise, you can try Cook-off or Lunchtime but then there also, the first (and second sometimes) are doable but from the third question, there is no point even trying most of the time. This is because most short contests by Codechef aren’t balanced and Long Challenges are a joke because of cheating.

10 Likes

:rofl: :pray:

1 Like

ufff :joy:

1 Like

i would highly recommend long challenge to be of about 2-4 days

5 Likes

I got to 2400 earlier in day 3100 at end, woosh Magic by coders

2 Likes

yeah true, and most submit the same code and get away without getting caught by CC plagiarism check

2 Likes

No offense intended, but if you solve 3 problems in this challenge and rant about decreasing the duration of the long challenge, it doesn’t make sense. Try solving TTUPLE in a day. Good luck with that. For reference, it took me 2-3 days to solve it. Frankly speaking, CONTAIN was very easy (though I couldn’t solve it). The prerequisites? Computational geometry. It is time consuming to learn this topic. Writing code is also tedious. Do you think 2-4 days are fine? Oh, and I got time to solve because of the lockdown. What if there was school? I wouldn’t even get time to attempt TTUPLE. Let’s not forget the difficulty, shall we? Try solving 2-3 problems from the March or May long challenges in your suggested period of 2-4 days. So please, the next time you want to criticize CodeChef, think twice before doing so.

17 Likes

yeah okay…my comment was a little too over-exaggerated

The reason is that a lot of youtubers upload video tutorials towards the end,on the last day while the contest is live.
I made so many videos for them to stop,but it keeps increasing.
I even made a video of it Here
But it’s being bombarded by dislikes

can anyone please help me with some test cases , question : TTUPLE,
i keep getting WA

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Where did ‘um_nik’ get ban ?

Actually, some div 1 guy from codechef asked how to solve a div 1 question in codeforces and he claimed that it was his own question. um_nik (Legendary grandmaster) solved it and gave him the solution (ofc he didn’t know it was from a live contest, so not his fault).

Listen,he has a right to criticize or give suggestions freely,you might have a different opinion others may have a different one.For you or any other good coder you may solve 8-9 problems and ofc cheaters can’t beat that,because like I said people post solutions of only easy problem or people cheat in easy problems only…but if a person solves only 3 and others cheat and solve 5 this affects that person …IT DOESNT AFFECT YOU…okay so keep your opinions to yourself or like I said you have a freedom too,just put it in the comments.

2 Likes