Long Contest Harsh Reality

I came across bunch of telegram groups where there is exchange of solution to unsolved problems.

1 Like

:+1:

The problem, if we do not address this problem, is that newcomers will get discouraged.
But I understand your point.

1 Like

Can you please mail the details to admin. He is very active and helped a lot to take action on people involved in such Telegram Exchange.

sharing codes for ongoing contest really affects the new comers who solve problems on their own

1 Like

Nothing that you said makes sense. “People only cheat in easy problems” says who? Then please explain how the submissions went astronomically high for CONTAIN during the last few hours. You tell me to keep my opinions to myself, why can’t you keep yours to yourself? “IT DOESNT AFFECT YOU”, when I spoke to someone else, why did it affect you? This is a discussion forum, so I will say what I want to if I think it’s right. If you have any problem with that, “kEeP yOuR oPiNiOnS tO yOuRsElF”. For everyone who says that long challenges should be reduced to x days: it isn’t called a long challenge for no reason.

3 Likes

I ended up from 48th to 79th :’( Even rank 69th would have been worth it! :joy:

4 Likes

this video uploaded on 10th June thats not fair.

I saw a account name similar to yours, infact all details were similar except username had extra a.
Submissions time were also quite similar, that too,only for june challenge. No previous participation. Do you know about it?

2 Likes

So true. I saw the same. Almost every other guy I know partially solved GUESSG in some way.

It’s not all sudden people were working from start. If you see there were only 3 problems that need to work on. Guess and Tuple were the one which need’s just observation and implementation. So until someone solves Delicious cakes no one could predict rank, in my case also in last 3 days i scored 160 point where 75 on Guess was on today morning 5 am. But i was was working day and night for 10 days. So it was not sudden.

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

Yeah it’s infact there is one in my college ranking i don’t know him personaly, but there is one person with same name, just adding 23 atlast of his name.

How come your ttuple solution for 10 and 100 has a day night difference ?? Also can you explain the approach you used for CONTAIN problem ?

1 Like

There are several reasons for doing so in my opinion.
One of them is they don’t get time during whole week to solve it and hence they solve on Sunday or in the night after Sunday. People think about solutions whole week and finally implement when they get time.
Another can be they don’t want people to think that the question is easy. They don’t submit till end and other people feel like it’s a tough question. And then submit on the last day.

6 Likes

nicely explained!!

1 Like

Combine all the situation + people who were stuck on some question + C = To the situation we see

I dont. but can you give the username please!

1 Like

I agree, for many working professionals Sunday is the last day of long challenge and I’ve seen many of them chalking out some time on a Sunday evening to solve problems. So, it is not that they are copying someone’s solutions, it is just they didn’t get time the whole week

1 Like

you can search for how to find convex hull peeling depth!

basically:
START
POPULATE THE PLANE WITH ALL POINTS
GENERATE CONVEX HULL
CHECK QUERY IS IN OR OUT
IF YES,
COUNT++
DELETE THE POINT THAT ARE IN THE CONVEX HULL
CONTINUE GENERATING CONVEX HULL AND CHECKING QUERY
IF NO
PRINT++
EXIT