Long Contest Harsh Reality

I consider myself lucky i stumbled upon the zero wale edge cases! that changed everything for me!

Itā€™s same as yours, maann21.

I searched for CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone but it doesnā€™t exist.
but if you find something like my username do tell me! thanks!

Yup sure.

1 Like

Or cheating happens here

same thing :joy:

i think codechef should ban the discussion during long contest on some social media platform like fb ,telegram etc but it is nearly impossible to ban all those things.

so we are left with below given options to deal with plagiarism:-

1. Divide the long contest into 10 days and only some questions should be given for limited number of hours and combing all the points of those 10 days codechef will allot rating and ranks.( its like conducting codechef lunchtime daily for ten days and giving combined result)

2. Make long contest unrated (i am so sorry for writing this , i know you all will become angry after reading this . please forgive me . but honest students like you all are losing here because of plagiarism)

3)Admin should do something to avoid plagiarism.

I think this is a problem given by students (we can say created by students) to codechef to solve and lets see whether codechef will get AC or not.

thank you if you are reading this and sorry for my bad english.

Its so saddening that people really cheat. I know who have copied code and from whom, here I am with my low rank meanwhile that person participated in first contest and boom solved tricky question just few hours before contest ended. But what can be done. Long challenges are awesome and should remain rated but people who cheat are doing very wrong.

I donā€™t think this will do the job unless and until we know their usernameā€¦and this canā€™t be stopped if it is a long challenge

Harsh Reality :rofl: :rofl:
Screen-Shot-2017-11-21-at-4.49.00-pm

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦In current scenario most of us have time to solve but it would not be case everytime.

epic :rofl: :rofl:

I donā€™t have time. I usually solve in initial days but this time, I solved late very first time. On the last night.

3 Likes

I put much effort in this challenge. Ttuple got me like a rabbit with carrot hung on a stick in front of himā€¦ i just wanted to grab itā€¦ i thought maybe i am closeā€¦ so tried and triedā€¦ din slept last night till today 3ā€¦ just to gave my last tryā€¦

I feel sad by getting known to the fact that people are taking these contest as some exams that u must not fail.
This is a contest to increase your own understanding. Failure teaches tooā€¦ i now know 50 ways that ttuple cant be solvedšŸ¤£.

Cheaters gonna cheatā€¦ i just want to be good. Hope i dont waiver off on this promise to myself.

Rank is not the aim. Its skill development.
And i will continue working hard for it.

2 Likes

I just saw a personā€™s submissions in TTUPLE problem. He was getting WA using Python and suddenly in the next submission he got all Test Cases passed using C++ and the logic he was using earlier was totally different. Such types of cases should be looked at and shall be considered for plagiarism.
@admin , please look if you think this is true to some extent.
As per me the problem has insane test cases to be passed in one attempt.

2 Likes

can u share the link?

Update the fake account has been deleted and also the original ID whose rank was under 500 has been set to 30,000. It means codechef is acting on plagiarism faster this time.

How you did that, you complained somewhere?

Nope i just Saw it in my college ranking, his name was removed.
Either codechef has seen my post here our MOSS has identified it.
Anyways if have something to report you can always mail them.

does he have a new account or something?