May Long Challenge 2020

I think this may long challenge is insanely tough or maybe I am feeling so,
I am totally clueless from Ques 4 onwards (Div 2).
Although, presently my rank is decent enough but I don’t where will it end up.
So, presently my score is 335, will i get some gain in rating?
I am new here so sorry if i am breaking any rules.

5 Likes

If your rank remains this then your rating will increase

1 Like

Yes, But it’s not possible that till the end of the contest my rank remains constant.
I don’t where will i end up.
Trying A lot To solve The 4th prob.(Div. 2)

Man, don’t fear for rating. Just give your best.

10 Likes

can somebody tell what are side adjacent cells?

1 Like

point being, I was able to solve 6 question in previous long and I am too finding it tough, havent been able to solve for a full AC since 3rd question.

1 Like

previous long challenge was too easy and it was not up to normal standards…

4 Likes

@sebastian just wanted to clarify this "best " word.Does it mean i sit with a single problem for all 10 days until and unless I get it ACed?Bcz I do not realize how much time shud i really spend behind trying a problem…

3 Likes

@sayan_1999 It depends if you understood the question or not. For eg. for TRIPLE SORT i took 5-6 hrs to come up with a solution which fetched me 5 points and it took me another 8 -9 hrs to comeup with a sol. which fetched me 50 points. And now i am going to go for 100 points. To Solve difficult question you have to give more time compared to easy one’s.

1 Like

Exactly,
I agree with you. And i think that’s how long challenge questions should be.
These questions require a lot of patience and perseverance.
What I think is, the author of the 4th question is very very creative. Never in my programming life I saw a ques. of such type.

10 Likes

Thanks @deepasnhu_1729 Sir for your reply

Ya i agree that this time contest is insanely tough triple sort took me 3 days to solve .

1 Like

@knock_12 I found it easy, created the program and every single subtasks got AC except that fukin last single case of last subtask. Showing WA. And when I change a bit in my logic, it gets AC but one in above gets WA lol

2 Likes

Same bro last test case i dont know what it was to i got 50 on the first day itself but for k=n/2 part i took me hell lot of time

You mean that single last block of last subtask? If that’s so then I guess I’ve to recheck whole algo. It means it contains some real suspense or just some brush up on old algo? I got AC for all n/2 s except that last one. And it’s very … idk Lol @knock_12

yes same even my score is 335 and this long challenge is very tough.Lets not lose hope.Fingers Crossed for rating increase.

Majority of persons have score 335 because after that things are getting really tough

2 Likes

YES

Really its tough in my corner. Only solved two full and two partial

1 Like

i also solved two full and two partial…lol

1 Like