May Lunctime to be rated

Please declare May Lunchtime to be rated because everybody faced the internal server error and not one person.So it was equal for everyone so it doesn’t matter.I urge admin to make this contest rated.Some People have even got 500 even though they also faced internal server error.

Will Laddus and Certificates be awarded???

@admin @vijju123

37 Likes

Yes it should be rated!!

9 Likes

It becomes very demotivating. I have got 2nd rank in school students in India-Division 1(score-270).This is my best rank till now but now they declared it unrated :disappointed:

7 Likes

I too think it should be rated but the point is that they declared it unrated at middle of contest, then it would not be fair to declare it rated again…

6 Likes

Then why did they declare it unrated in such a hurry. When we have patience why can’t they have patience

2 Likes

I understand the round should be rated but at this point they can not change the decision because many participants would have left the round after the announcement.

8 Likes

By seeing the number of submissions they were in the same range as previous contests. It can be rated for those who were online after the server started working

4 Likes

During the contest I didn’t even knew that it has been declared unrated. After the contest i came to know about it.

9 Likes

I also came to know after the contest

2 Likes

@admin Please keep content rated. It was also one of my best performance. It is very demotivating after putting much efforts in contest.

4 Likes

I think codechef should decide after the contest that whether the contest should be rated or not if such problem happens…
And also this problem is happening many many times…

7 Likes

It’s not that simple my friend. Maybe some people left in the middle of the contest because they got frustrated even after waiting for several minutes. Maybe some left after the announcement that contest will be unrated. So you need to take into account all such scenarios. I understand that you would have received Laddus having finsihed 2nd among school students. But you need to understand the situation. Since they declared it unrated mid-contest, they can’t revert their decision.

5 Likes

Yes exactly…

Well, we cannot do anything about it now. We will have to accept it as unrated :(:expressionless:

It should be rated for those who made atleast one submission after the server got fixed. Codechef can process that as they monitor our activities

3 Likes

Codechef servers often suffers in short contests. They should fix it. Otherwise people will move to other platforms. It’s bad :(:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Look the server error was a problem for all, but though many participants did well… Just make this contest rated, its a request otherwise it will be unfair with them.

2 Likes

Codechef really need to do something about it’s server situation. This Lunchtime and previous Cook-off were troublesome.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know if there is any such method to filter submissions as you say. Even if they had such a method, I think their servers won’t handle the load:stuck_out_tongue:

No. It shouldn’t be made rated. I got free at 9:30 and when I went to take a sneak peak at the problems, I read that the contest was unrated so took part in it. It won’t be fair for me and many such people who left early/ joined late. Nothing really should be changed.

6 Likes