May Lunctime to be rated

exactly right …

The servers are not that weak that cant process O(n) operations where n is number of users

I had to go somewhere but didn’t go just because of the contest and now it is unrated

No mu question is why codechef announced so earlier… It should take some time maybe after the contest codechef can declare the contest unrated… But during the contest it should not happen. Although this kind of thing happened earlier in may cook-off, at that time codechef didnt make that unrated. Its totally unfair.

1 Like

Indians do dinner at 8:30 pm usually.
Many don’t have dinner cuz of Lunchtime and then it becomes unrated :frowning:

19 Likes

Ya my same best Timed contest ever for me

You need to get over your anger. Tell me honestly, would you have started this thread had you finished somewhere in the bottom of the rank list?

I’m not saying that Codechef did the right thing. In fact, I was never a supporter of Codechef. But they have taken a decision that cannot be changed. So accept it.

Till now my rankings in all lunchtime contests I have given are satisfactory and my lunchtime rating has never decreased and would have risen this time as well

It should be rated for people who were till the end of the contest and unrated for those who left early,this should be fair then.

1 Like

thats what I am telling since the starting

1 Like

But the precious three hours which we gave into that contest what about that?
Just try to understand our situation and make decision wisely…

1 Like

Do u think admin will do that? :frowning_face:

I understand ur concern but the server was not down for the same time for everyone
i could not even read problem statement
I jst opened 1 prob then it got down
You might be benefited if this contest was rated but everyone will lose
If u r capable then u will earn it
Would you be satisfied if by knowing that you got good rank jst coz better coders could not even read the prob statement (not me :smile: people like me)

1 Like

The decision should be rectified… :pensive:

1 Like

Server was down for me also for around an 1 hour

What if they announced it after the contest
still prob would have been same
at least it saved time of few people
In my opinion they should have ended the contest as most the people don’t pay attention to announcements during short contests for obvious reasons

1 Like

Listen dude. I understand your agony. But there’s no point in discussing this now. The decision has been taken. So calm down and come back next time. Maybe try to finish 1st next time.:smile:

were u able to read the prob statements atleast ?
u might be coding during 1 hr whereas others were jst waiting

Okkk i understand although its pathetic.
But Codechef, please from the next time take care of this server error…we really dont want to be engulfed by this kind of harassment… :pray::pray:

they should have lite version for short contests
also registration system may help
jst like codeforces
They can allocate resources acc to traffic