May Lunctime to be rated

I had waited for this contest 1 hour before it started. So right after it began, i opened all the problem statements to prevent further trouble. I was frustrated that the server was having problems. However i still stayed and skipped my dinner, worked really hard to get high rank. I didn’t even know that the contest has been declared unrated. And now after the contest, i am shocked to see that the round is unrated. Please admin, this is really unfair for people who always try their best in contests.

6 Likes

Server error and slow loading was there but for not this long. This time it’s too bad.

1 Like

Yup codechef can do this thing…please do this…

thats not how rating system works bro , they cant and wont make rated or unrated for each individual .

Yes please make the contest rated. My semester exams are starting next week and I here gave my 3 hours time for the contest. @admin can well understand the situation. Please declare it rated again. And another thing to say, in the may cookoff also, similar thing happened. It makes us extremely demotivated.

No chance, Not at all

Why is it unrated? I was rank 17 in div. 2 and expected a good rating increasement. I also suffered from the slow loading times and even started the contest 30 mins late… This demotivates me to do any further contests on codechef.

Yeah you’re correct…it’ll be unfair…Let’s hope codechef will be able to tackle these problems for future contests

If it is not gonna be rated, it should be conducted again, if possible, as there are 12 days left for June Challenge and have plenty of time in between.

@admin
I guess you can do one thing.
Calculate the rating change , increase if positive and ignore if negative.
No one has a problem.

3 Likes

@admin
I guess you can do one thing.
Calculate the rating change , increase if positive and ignore if negative.
No one has a problem.

1 Like

I was at rank 49 when I left the contest as it was unrated…
Though I think it should be unrated as few people might have seen the questions early and some might have missed it( PS i waited for many mins before seeing question as they were not loading)… some might have got correct solution early but couldn’t submit… some might not have got the solution till servers became stable… so it would be unfair even if all faced the issue…
its completely random…

2 Likes

“Aap jo bol rahe hai vo behes ke liye… sunne ke liye acha hai. Lekin practical nahi hai”
XD

8 Likes

I left my dinner just to complete this contest and ate it after 10:30 and listening to this that contest is unrated is really disappointing to me because competing in a contest means a lot to me more than food or sleep.
You guys really to to think for this

you are not here to increase ratings…
you are here for learning
Which you will get even from unrated contest…

5 Likes

I too do that… even I ate after 10…
same here :slight_smile:
but still it shouldn’t be unfair to others

2 Likes

Hey listen right now I am working on my skills but I feel stuck . I am practicing DFS problems from code forces and I want to know that where are the other areas I should work on and how to improve more
Please reply

GridTour can be done in O(1),what do you think?

1 Like

Participate regularly in contest…
Use google as much as you can even during contests…
googling skills are very important…
Upsolve at least two questions which you can’t solve during contest… (most imp part)

maybe make a participation streak of one year and get 1000 laddus… and get T shirt or bag from that laddus…

4 Likes

I think its O(log(n))
finding gcd is log(n)

2 Likes