May Lunctime to be rated

So you are saying its Luck + Strong contenders quitting?

2 Likes

Let them discuss. I also want to see what arguments they have to justify this contest being rated or how them being rude is justified.

3 Likes

To those who are asking Why codechef declared the contest so early because it worked well later on…
Well, maybe it worked properly later because the contest was unrated and many people left. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding making it rated only for those who submitted it later… Few people submitted later casually after knowing the contest was unrated. It will be unfair to them.

Regarding making it unrated, I think it was the best decision in that situation. Because some people would have got questions at the first minute. Some after 15 minutes after the start. It is unfair for the latter.

Lastly,

1. I know codechef is non profit organization, But really they must take some step towards their server as there is always some problem every month.
  2. I think laddus should be provided the rank holders, and being rated/ unrated should have nothing to do with laddus. [ This may sound contradictory but in this case someone who might have got laddus will not get it ( Reward = 0 instead of +ve ) whereas in case of the contest being rated, some will get rating decreased instead of increasing in case of fair contest ( Reward = -ve instead of +ve )]
1 Like

I said:-“It was so easy, in a sarcastic manner” I meant that the contest was hard, not so easy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

I talked to the team. Laddus and other prizes shall be awarded as usual, despite the contest being unrated. I share your viewpoint here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First, let me clarify that I understand all the reasons for keeping it unrated & I’m very much okay with that.

For me, some edge cases in the simplest problems in the last lunchtime threw me off so bad that I was left with a 0 score.
This div1 lunchtime was smooth for me as I was able to score 330 in the latter 2 hours when things started running.

What I really argued against was the claim that the contenders who felt disappointed only did well because the good programmers left & whatnot.
It is highly probable that If a round gets cancelled without a single programmer quitting, there will still be very similar complaints on a very similar scale.

Expressing some level of disappointment would be natural in such cases, as I did.
But yes, I do not approve of anybody making rude statements in any case.

Personally, I barely care about my rating & unrated round only means that I’ll have to to push my graph back up in the upcoming long challenge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please tell admin to declare the final decision and close this thread

Come on it dosen’t matter. Solving problems is important.

2 Likes

Many users didn’t came to know about the announcement as their was no popup or notification and we can’t just keep checking the announcement page.So would request codechef to display a popup if an announcement is done.It is done in codeforces as well

3 Likes

If codechef has another set of problems another Lunchtime can be organised in May only

3 Likes

good idea
i guess it happens on codeforces

1 Like

True, we want this contest to be rated :frowning:

1 Like

Very true.
+1
Same here.

1 Like

What I really argued against was the claim that the contenders who felt disappointed only did well because the good programmers left & whatnot.
It is highly probable that If a round gets cancelled without a single programmer quitting, there will still be very similar complaints on a very similar scale.

Makes sense. I now see what you weer earlier intending to say.

Please tell admin to declare the final decision and close this thread

@kshitij_789 - Its already declared unrated. What more final decision you want?

1 Like