NCR codewars 2020

yup. same for me. How many did you solve?

i am also getting the same

1 problem, u?

I did both.

1 Like

Did u got special permutations question?

yes showing not participated

Where an array consists permutation of n numbers and has to be split into two arrays such that the difference of their sums is minimum?

I also solved both coding questions, not sure about all MCQ’s though

1 Like

i have solved both coding , and mcqs are also correct all . can i get a call ?

The chances are slim but hope for the best. :slightly_smiling_face:

paper was really easy .many have solved fully . surely they will make some other criteria to shortlist

yes I got that and other was on string.

No. Thats not the case with everyone. There are insanely hard problems like : Prime Rangers/Unique Paths which are too hard to be done in 2 hours time for even a good coder. Many people had these 2 problems in their sets as well.

Yes, there are equal number of people who got both questions as easy like : Shops&Candies,Minimum difference,Chocolates,robots,Areas,maximum-queue problems,stones&safes. These problems were 10 times easier.

Also, one problem : Minimum sum was a wrong problem asked in NCR test,bad luck for those, whose set had it.

3 Likes

where to check for NCR result?

Are the results declared?

@i_code78 Is der any chance they will consider the right solution for the minimum sum problem?

Prime rangers solution? I got partial

I solved it after the contest. Applied digit-dp and heavy combinatorics, my code is lengthy . Will add its link in morning.

Basic idea: Calculate count of numbers who have more 2s then 3s,but have more 3s than 5s,but have more 5s than 7s.

Minimum Sum was not a wrong question. It was correct and i solved it completely. Also the announcement page displayed that not participation thing way before the contest. That page is not legit.

1 Like

@chinmaysama_99

Hey, there . I need to verify something . This was the problem statement of minimum sum :

Construct a tree of “N” nodes. Each node should have a distinct value. 2 nodes x and y , have can have an edge between them if (x&y) > 0 , for N=4, the sample test had the output : 10.

Cost of adding edge between x and y is : (Total number of set bits in x and y)

But a better tree of cost 9 can be constructed with edges :

1—2(Cost=3)

2—3(Cost=3)

1----4(Cost=3)

Where, a[1]=1 , a[2]= 3, a[3]=2,a[4]=5

Please explain me , instead of 9, why their sample output says 10 ? , which is surely wrong(according to me), please explain , how did you find it correct and also the solution. I will be more than grateful .

Pics of that problem :