NCR codewars 2020

I have taken different node values only .
a[1]=1;

a[2]=3;

a[3]=2;

a[4]=5.

Duhhh.

You need to check one thing more that those nodes which have non zero and should have an edge, in ur case 1 3 5 create a cycle.

1 Like

Thanks bruh. Got it.
They seem to be saying in the problem that we have to add edges on our own. Very less did I know that edges will automatically be created for all pair of nodes whose (xAndy>0)

Guys Is their any update on results of this challenge?

same here

no

2 Likes

They were supposed to announce the result on 6th october, morning but not still declared

3 Likes

If any one got selected then please share with us atleast we will get to know when they have announced the result

Hy I want to upsolve this question if anyone has logic share it here

1 Like

did anyone get this question : maximum product?
It seemed very easy, simple greedy question, but all the test cases were failing except the sample ones :sweat_smile:
I’m attaching the ss, please help, i want to upsolve it.

I think here also girls got simple problems lol :laughing:

MAXIMUM PRODUCT

sort the array B
for every index starting from 0 to n-1 in array B, choose a minimum element in array A
and replace it with either a[i]=max(a[i]*b[j],a[i]+b[j]) if the choosen index is index i in array A.

repeat this for all element in array B
finally take the product of resultant array form;
for finding minimum element in array A , use min heap

You can just sort array A and array B , and do ,

A[i]=max(A[i]+B[i],A[i]*B[i])

This will give the same answer as yours. Also, remember for each A-element, only 1-Belement can be assigned to it. And those 2 elements, once chosen can never be selected again.

And guess what? This approach gives WA. I had this problem in my set .

After some deep observation, I reached the right solution and got AC.

1 Like

I know right ? Simple greedy just fails. Happened to me as well.

Finally got AC though. I would rate it as a hard problem and add its solution soon.

1 Like

Length of string B is always “2” and its consists of 2 different characters.

Say A="abcdebdfevb" and B="ae" , now write A with spaces(without a and e) :

Here : (0b0c0d0b0d0f0v0b0)

Number of arrangements of remaining letters : y=8!/(3!.2!) , now, remaining 9 places can be filled by 2 characters(a and e) in

:

(9C2).2! ways ,

so final answer is : (9C2*2!)*(8!/(2!*3!))

Hope you got the idea!!

3 Likes

thanks…waiting for your solution.

1 Like

you guys managed to click SS …XD :joy:

I understood your approach but in the first line you said that length of B is always 2, how can you be sure on that statement? I mean they did not mention anything about it

Did you solve it if so share logic here :slightly_smiling_face:

It was very clearly mentioned in the constraints of the problem. Seems like you didn’t check the constraints.