New feature - Streak Freeze

Dear community,

We are excited to announce a new feature – the streak freeze! This feature allows you to maintain your streak even if you miss a day on our platform.

You get a streak freeze after having a streak of 5 days. That streak freeze will then apply automatically if you miss activity on a day. The streak freeze will apply as soon as the day ends.

You get more streak freezes after reaching 10, 15, 20… days of streak. But you can only have at most 5 streak freezes at a time.

We understand how much our community values their streaks and we hope this feature will help you maintain your streak without any interruption.

Thank you for being a part of the CodeChef community and keep coding!

Note: The Streak Freeze feature is only available for future streaks. Any past streaks related data will remain unchanged.

78 Likes

thank you codechef community for this feature as many coder forget to do the practice in codechef due to large work load of college despite having long days of streak . thnak you codechef communty.

11 Likes

This is such a cool feature, which I wanted CodeChef to have it. Thank you so much CodeChef community.

6 Likes

Such awaited feature

3 Likes

How to use this feature?

4 Likes

:v:

Hey @justani ,
I have missed 2 streak one on 1st March, 2023 and 2nd May, 2023, I have missed my streak after 5 months or 150 days. Can codechef merge my streak? If it can be merged, it will be around 240 days now. Please codechef, I will be really greatful.

2 Likes

please tell how can i use this feature

2 Likes

Hey @musfiqdehan, sorry but there is no possibility of changing old streak data.

2 Likes

but my streak broke 2days ago only

Hey @ravimenariya, @anon58927081

You get a streak freeze after having a streak of 5 days. That streak freeze will then apply automatically if you miss activity on a day. The streak freeze will apply as soon as the day ends.

In this image, I have one streak freeze left and one is already applied for missing activity on Sunday.

5 Likes

can you tell how i freeze my codechef streak

Only future streak can be frozen. Not past ones.

I have missed 3 streak one on 1st March, 2023 and 27th May,28th 2023, I have missed my streak after 3-4 months or many days. Can codechef merge my streak? If it can be merged, it will be around 200 days now. Please codechef, I will be really greatful.

10 days ago my streak will break. It is possible my streak will recover with the help of freeze feature .

Sorry guys, the Streak Freeze feature is only available for future streaks. Any past streaks related data will remain unchanged.

Thank you codeChef for this feature, if this feature came some few months ago then my streak would be of 97 + 59 days. if possible, any feature for past streak, then it will be more benifited for us.

You don’t have to do anything just maintain your streak for 5 days and you will get 1 freeze,its like a free pass for 1 day, whenever you are not able to maintain your streak it will do it on your behalf and reduce your freezes 1 for every day

2 Likes

nice update

Nice,:ok_hand::ok_hand:
feature is more flexible, thanks for that.