[Official] April Lunchtime 2020 - Post-contest discussion - Live stream sessions

After the contest gets over, you can ask in the discuss…till then focus on next questions instead of wasting time here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not able to submit for so long. Make this contest unrated. Even the submission queue is too long!

2 Likes

I guess this does not happens in cook off because in cook off there is penalty for incorrect solutions where as in lunch time, there isn’t so, people tend to submit more and more solutions.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy:

There is problem in FFL it, accepts for long long but not for int whereas constraint are not so.

1 Like

Why are there so tough time limit constraints for question TRIQRY. There can be approaches using c++ inbuilt ordered_set but due to strict time limit those solutions can only pass partially. I request the problem setters to keep N around 100000 when they are expecting a O(NlogN) solution especially when there may be segment tree in approach as there is a set of problems which can be solved with segment tree and set both!

4 Likes

It is because when you are using int and then using INT_MAX for min value and suppose you don’t get any value for defender/forward then you will add INT_MAX + any value which overflows in int.

2 Likes

My solution using g++ pbds did not pass for 100 marks in first attempt and got TLE. But when I submitted 100% same code again, it passed with 1.91s for 100 marks.

2 Likes

How the heck this code gets 100?

3 Likes

There must be something wrong with the judge. This should be reported @s_h_shahin @sajib_readd @taran_1407

1 Like

This is indeed weird. We are looking into it. Thanks for reporting!

Reminder: Starts in 10 minutes!

@admin Do we have the post contest Discussion for May Lunch Time??