[Official] May Lunchtime 2020 - Post-contest discussion - Live stream session

Hey all,

We plan to have an informal live stream for discussing the problems of May Lunchtime 2020.

The details are as follows:

• Agenda:
    Discussion of LTIME84 problems

• Session Panelist:
    Rajarshi Basu and others.

• Date-Time:
    1st June 2020.
    5pm to 7pm IST

• To register:
    If you are interested just register by clicking on the “Going” button below the title of this post at the top.

Note: Entry to the Zoom session will be on first come first serve basis - limited to 100 seats.

If there are any specific queries that you have from these problems, please post them below after the contest, and we will try to answer them during the session.

[Update 1]
Zoom meeting details:
[Official] May Lunchtime 2020 - Post-contest discussion - Live stream session

Time: Jun 1, 2020 05:00 PM India

Zoom Meeting URL

Meeting ID: 897 3283 5257

Password: 565136

[Update 2]
Catch the YouTube Live stream here:

[Update 3]
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this session! Kindly share your valuable feedback here:

3 Likes

Thanks to codechef for organizing this discussion a day later.That gives us time to try our hands on all the problems and then participate in discussion.

3 Likes

what is wrong in my code…

#include<bits/stdc++.h>
using namespace std;
typedef long long ll;
int main()
{
ll t;
cin>>t;
while(t–)
{
ll a[5],i,p,sum=0;
for( i=0;i<5;i++)
{
cin>>a[i];
sum+=a[i];}
cin>>p;

if(sum*p >5*24 )
cout<<"YES\n";
else
cout<<"NO\n";

}
return 0;
}

its “Yes”,not “YES” and same goes for “No”.

1 Like

Try to Give Exact Answers As given in the sample test Cases Because it is case Sensitive “Yes” is different from “yes” and “YES”…

The session has started. Please join.

I am getting the required output in an ide but its not getting ac,so can someone point out whats the issue with this code

Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in);
int t=sc.nextInt();
while(t–>0){
int sum=0;
int n =sc.nextInt();
int a[] = new int[n];
int b[] = new int[n];
for(int i=0;i<a.length;i++){
a[i]=sc.nextInt();
}
for(int i=0;i<b.length;i++){
b[i]=sc.nextInt();
}
for(int i=0;i<n;i++){
if(a[i]==b[i]){
sum = sum +a[i];
}
}
System.out.println(sum);
}

You are just checking if the speed at i-th second is same or not. You also have to check if the distance covered by both alice and bob is same till the i-th second.
eg: for testcase
1 2 3
1 3 3
correct answer will be 1

1 Like

ohkk thnx man …

@rajarshi_basu Thanks a lot! After using set, i am able to get partially correct answer. However, after using counting sort i am still getting TLE for subtask 2.

Link to the modified code: Tree Difference - May Lunchtime codechef - Pastebin.com

thanks for such great initiative and also allowing us a day for completing div 1 and 2 problems

@admin @vijju123 With this contest i have completed my 12 months 100% attendance but still didn’t get any laddus. Are laddus still not distrubuted??? Please let me know…

Attendance laddus take a few weeks. Mostly pending on MOSS completion

@vijju123 i, still i have not got any laddus, what’s happening…?? How much time it takes generally…