Plagiarism on a totally new level!

Copying a function like GCD or Modular inverse is no big deal. I am talking about the whole code being copied sir.
And with it the hard work being skipped.

can’t call it plagiarism SIMPLY on this reason - AGREED!
can’t call it plagiarism even if you SEE it for yourself? - NOT SO MUCH!

I don’t understand what you mean by “I am seeing it”. Do you have some actual proof of plaigarism other than the submission times and using different languages?

1 Like

If you call, knowing someone personally and what their skillsets are and see them doing this, a PROOF ---- then yes I do!

Apart from that, what can actual proof be?
When you copy a code, is any proof being copied?
Or you just match it with others and see the percentage of the match? What qualifies as ACTUAL PROOF?

Here you go, if you want to know how they found the code.

https://discuss.codechef.com/t/urgent-sumagcd-solution-posted-online-during-contest/28018

And one more! And just to bring to your notice, this was the toughest question on the JUNE - B division. I tried 7-8 different approaches over 12-14 hours only to get 10 points.
And here Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V gets 100 points in less than 2 minutes. And get a higher rating upgrade than me and many others.

This has been posted 1 hour after I made this post.

Not that any of these 4 solutions were the one I am talking about in my post, but it makes a good point.

3 Likes

Bro first of all if they copy exactly same code then CodeChef decreases 250 rating, but u say a person cannot submit the solution in different languages then you are completely wrong , you don’t know how much languages a person knows , if I submit the solution in different languages that means I cheat the solution, I didn’t agree , and u say that a 2 star coder submit 3 4 question , how’s that possible then , please see the rank list of almost every long challenge of div 2 always a Chinese coder of 1 or 2 star coder solve completely all the questions in a single submission, how he did??

1 Like

Yes, I totally agree with you. If the 2 star user just appeared in one or two contests, it is possible that he is a pro coder and has made new account on codechef.

Relax! I never said one cant submit in more than 1 language. Read my answer again.
You can believe what you want to, you’re free to do that. But it won’t change the fact!

I agree with you too. Absolutely.
But, What if I know that guy personally, and I know he isn’t a pro, would you agree even then?

1 Like

I only said it was a possibility. If you know him personally then you know better. I haven’t even seen the guy you mentioned.

I don’t think there’s any way to get around this. I think Codechef only penalize those who are found by their MOSS… :confused:

1 Like

Keep calm , CodeChef betha hua hai…tumhare sath galat nhi hoga bro😊

1 Like

This is your problem that you find problem tough and take whole night to debug it…
and the no of stars on profile do not matter…there are many coders in codechef who are 5* and 6* but still not faster than some 3* or 2* coder…so stop judging one by just seeing his/her star on profile…

3 Likes

and about multiple languages…so everyone has right to submit the code in any languages they want…

And I am 100% agreeing with you on that sir, that it is a possibility that a genius on any other website just made an account.

1 Like

My dear friend, as I said, I know the person I am talking about. So please don’t make comments to make anyone feel inferior.
I bet there are problems that make you scratch your head too.
And I request you read the complete convo before making the same points that have already been made.
And the stars do matter, if they didn’t, Codechef wouldn’t introduce it.

P.S.: And please don’t tell anyone to start or stop doing anything. Leave it upto them.

Let’s not get political and start talking about rights & duties & minorities and secularism. And let the admin deal with it.
The sole reason behind me making this post was to request a speed up in the MOSS test process.
I know its tough and the team must be working on it.

Actually the problems in div-2 are really simple this time…so one with good observation can easily solve 5-6 problems…and also there are chances that he become more skilled than you in less time…it depends!!

priyamgarg21 | CodeChef User Profile for Priyam Garg | CodeChef - Here you go

@priyamgarg21