Plagiarism penalties - Ratings drop - August 2020

@ay2306 Almost certainly the post directly above his :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I missed that by mistake. Deleting. Thanks

Lol. So many complaining mean while the rules are always clear

1 Like

Will DSA contests be included in plagiarism checks?

Nope , DSA learning series help us to improve our skills , the solutions are available is not for cheating , if u r stuck in some part u may go through some of solutions and check which part u did wrong and try to implement.

2 Likes

Has plagiarism checking done for AUG20 Long challenge contest?

no its been done only for the participants of august challenge 2018 to february challenge 2020

@admin , please start checking from Aug2020,

1 Like

Cheater Found

1 Like

Is copying a block of a code from gfg, or from some other participant’s template from past contests, if not provided link in the form of comment considered plagiarism?

1 Like

You should mention it, but if you didn’t, mail it to codechef.

“Taking help or using a third party code is not bad. Passing it off as your own is. If you are taking your code from some other source, it is expected that you give the due attribution to the source in your code. It is kind of mandatory."

1 Like

Oh okay. I still have a couple of templates copied from online sources but now I have forgot their source. I’ll make sure to do so from next time, giving proper credits.

2 Likes

I just got there, let’s bump this about the @rns5 situation. On OCT19A, he (rank 2 of the contest) and I (rank 3 of the contest) got plagiarised by some dummy account named abdul222. The guy has exactly the same code as we do, he copied 3 exercises on me, and at least one on @rns5.
I don’t know how the solutions got leaked, and I’m currently trying to find the whereabouts of this story.

2 Likes

this may explain why rns5 started submitting all solutions in the last minute of the competition

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Honestly, if u think a triangle mark is hard on you, even if u delete this and create a new account, you can probably reach near to your current rating within 2-3 months or 4 months max.
No interviewer wants information of your time spent to reach there ,they only need your current abilities and skills.

3 Likes

Yeah, and you get tagged as a “cheater” for life, if somebody checks your profile. Whatever rating you get back to, there will always be some suspicion of a “cheating coder”, who maybe has a current rating that he doesn’t deserve.

When it’s so obvious that codechef is in fault (2 of the highest coders on the contest, who always had great results, and who get perfectly copied by some low random coder), and that codechef can’t correct any of this, how bad can this website be? What would be the motive? Selling solutions for some unranked coder, who anyway can’t reach some disputed ranking because it’s his first contest? And getting chances to ruin their account, by making it so obvious? We’re talking about top 0.1% coders, surely smarter than most of the codechef organization.

Codechef is slowly becoming one of these awfull contest website (with leetcode, katawars and so on…). Hopefully unacademy will make them crash faster, or make them realize that they must change the way they do things.

1 Like

@admin , Any Update?

3 Likes

Well… I have seen plagiarism free solutions, to long challenges, being sold on telegram :tipping_hand_man:

Small update on this matter:
-More and more, I believe there was some kind of leak on codechef side. I have no way to investigate the issue as I don’t have the tools for it, and codechef seems to now ghost me, but there is no link between a north korean contestant/team and me, so being both plagiarised by the same person sounds fishy.

-Codechef decided to enforce a “5 days for appeals” rule, in spit of the fact that they did the checks months after the contest and in the middle of a pandemic crisis. So I visibly am screwd as I saw their notice email too late.

I will probably not do anymore regular contest on codechef, and might commit sepuku as a consequence of this defamation.

2 Likes