Plagiarism penalties - Ratings drop - August 2020

Stay away from these seniors, I also have some seniors like him . Instead of finding and reporting to cheaters to codechef ,if he focused on improving his coding skills his rating graph was not so random as well as i saw his replies in alomost any post on any topic , rest you are smart enough.

1 Like

made everyone elseā€™s life worse? by sharing my code almost an year ago for a simple problem just because I was not able to deny his requestā€¦and so i should bear the circumstances permanently because that act of mine was so horrible that people are still suffering because of meā€¦and I made their life worseā€¦
Thank you so much @admin you just made my day

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome.

13 Likes

U better focus on yourself man.

Bcz either I like that topic , or i need help or users tag me , I donā€™t any certifcation from your side man.

Btw Aug long ka mail aaya ?

@admin
These days its become to o
Someone can copy template n follow the coding pattern of others(variable name etc) and in contest for easy problem they will wantingly submit sol. so that other person is caught to plagarism. Can MOSS detect these to? same problem for @rns5 and other 7* coder
@admin what enjoyment codechef get by seeing people suffer? it is illegal crime? i say onyl remove plagarism mark only

I think you should stop crying and accept mistake. I got plag drop as well. I donā€™t even remember what happened back then. But plag was matched and me being a noob back then does not mean that I was not wrong. Chill out, improve and learn.

8 Likes

It is your duty that your code is not leaked. Afaik CodeChef ignores easy questions. There is no MOSS on cakewalk and easy questions.

I donā€™t understand. Why are people just not ready to accept that they made a mistake, accept consequences and move on.

You people are Competitive programming Karens. You will say any stuff to favour your argument while all admin is saying is that ā€œYou broke rules, they took actionā€.

Chill out, let CodeChef heal. Stand together to improve competitive culture.

7 Likes

I just donā€™t understand one thing. 1 month back, people were telling ā€œCodechef does nothingā€, " Its all on you Codechef" and other. Now when, you got the punishment, you are telling to remove that mark too. Just chill and move on. Nobody cares whether you have been plagiarised or you have got +100

6 Likes

Yes , as I always said CP is fun , itā€™s a Journey.

1 Like

One question. If two div1 coders share same code for non rated problems. Will moss run on them? Asking out of curiosity. Will they be considered for cheating since questions are unrated.

Hehehehe, edge case.

2 Likes

I am a noob bro. I can be wrong.
I remember it is written somewhere(if you try some Div 2 question which are unrated for Div 1).

Yes! You can check the contest page.

1 Like

I have a doubt too, MOSS runs on every single question or question with submission less than X

I have a doubt toooo, did you plagiarize on question with submission greater than X?

2 Likes

@ay2306 Almost certainly the post directly above his :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I missed that by mistake. Deleting. Thanks

Lol. So many complaining mean while the rules are always clear

1 Like

Will DSA contests be included in plagiarism checks?

Nope , DSA learning series help us to improve our skills , the solutions are available is not for cheating , if u r stuck in some part u may go through some of solutions and check which part u did wrong and try to implement.

2 Likes