Plagiarism penalties - Ratings drop - August 2020

As the admin has said, people caught plagiarizing more than 3 times form Aug 20, such accounts will be banned.

3 Likes

So, many who cheated in past contests, got a boost in their ratings.
And if I am not incorrect, its not a small amount of users.
This is not good :pleading_face:.

8 Likes

are bhai sharam krlo yrr , in feb19 me and my roomates have same code ,and also uska punishment mil gya bhai , tum yr kya aadmi ho bhai

2 Likes

in not just feb19 dude
in almost every contest u cheated
but able to escape moss

3 Likes

@admin please remove the plagiarism mark from the rating graph just decrease the rating.because that mark just ruins the profile…all the progress that the user may have made by fair means may be neglected by the viewer just because the user made a mistake in the past by sharing his code and now has a blot that reminds him of it.

7 Likes

@admin, was the plag check even right
i know there are lot of completely same solutions that are not caught
any reason behind this??

none of these got caught
@soumit_915
any idea on this?

1 Like

hhaaa
so that u can start bragging again???

3 Likes

people cheat many times and get caught once
and u want to remove that mark also??

4 Likes

you should assume less

4 Likes

u should cheat less :joy: :joy: :joy:

11 Likes

I can understand you…but you should choose your steps in your life very wisely… u shouldn’t have shared your codes… u just ruined your descent profile… my suggestion if you want u can delete this profile and start all from first…

7 Likes

Yes i admit i was careless at that time but you can see that i made this mistake 10 months back and not ever after that all i have achieved till now is all by myself
but the progress of one year is all gone now…there is no problem in starting all over again but still it is not fair that your mistake haunts you until you create a new profile

5 Likes

thats life bro
sometimes u have to restart
and it would not take more than 3-4 contests to get back
to ur actual rating.
all the best

5 Likes

seems like you got offended by my last comment but i didnt mean it…and i know it will take hardly 3-4 contests to get back but the graph wont show the reality behind…the time it took to reach there

3 Likes

Bro, my suggestion is start a new account. Because, now there will be no problem. But if you want to apply for jobs and referrals and if they see your profile, it creates a bad impression though you have done a silly mistake 1 year back. Simply, now make your graph exponential

2 Likes

Chill Bro!
Assume the problem is small, hence the problem is small, move on :relieved:.

5 Likes

Yeah start from beginning

2 Likes

Hey Yeah I accept I did cheating, Sorry for that but it was really long time back, And from last many contest I have been doing good as per my calibre. You can see that.
Chandan is my senior and I don’t respect him a little bit. Thanks for mentioning me.
He mentioned me this time for no reason I am doing good and honest work.
if codechef community is programming then chandan is bug please fix that :slight_smile:
EDIT: he edited his post and removed my profile tag :slight_smile: going good boy
lots of love, Keep coding

5 Likes

@admin

Please look his profile:

He has already plagiarized 12 times. And then also his profile is not banned.

2 Likes

It’s so true that it will create a bad impression. I am feeling very bad for them who cheated first and realised later that this not the correct way and started working hard.

1 Like