Plagiarism penalties - Ratings drop - August 2020

you are right…but there are not always hiring contests…sometimes we need to show in our resume what we have done in the 4 years of our college and that’s where handles of sites like codechef are required

1 Like

yeah you are right

1 Like

but does that show her real struggle and time it took…

2 Likes

Show them your cf profile, that initially I started with cf, later moved on to codechef. Seems to be a good reason to give

3 Likes

The rule says if somebody is plagiarized more than 3 times counting starting from AUG 20 then the profile will be banned

2 Likes

yeah …seems pretty legit

1 Like

Okay agreed…you might have done something else than cc, showcase that. This plag thing might hamper your progress in short run but if you deserve something you’d surely get it in your life.

6 Likes

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

After 4 times plagrized and I also tell u in Feb long challenge that please don’t cheat , they will reduce your rating by 275 (ek baar mere sath ho chuka hai ) , and u tell me sir actually for 75% scholarship u did and this is your first time , and u also said that u will not cheat after that.

Surprisingly , I saw your profile and get to know before feb u cheated 3 times , also when u cheat they mailed in 2 or 3 days that ur solution and other person solution is same and this is warning this this this , please take care next time otherwise u will be banned, now u cheated again January , enigma and in feb ,

The above solution are of April long , u know that , U respect me or not I don’t care but please have some patience chizo me time lagta hai bhai (I don’t have any personal issues with u ) , try harder , u will improve .

3 Likes

What I think is there is no need of creating a new profile and starting from beginning you are so close to your 5th star just get that. No one will care about your last year mistake that you made. Being 5 star needs hardwork.

8 Likes

I totally agree with you!

2 Likes

not everyone is as optimistic as you are bro…in practical people find more negativity in others than positivity…most will think that i usually cheat and have found some way of bypassing the MOSS…and I am not able to understand why there is problem in removing that mark of plag if the user is participating fairly for long enough…cant there be a change in the policy?@admin

1 Like

Some students are caught in the plagiarism still their present ratings are unchanged??
Is it that the present ratings will change only if a person is caught cheating from AUG20??

Thanks for investigation. Enigma was first team contest for me. We made a team but didn’t knew that we can’t discuss and share code in team. That was new to me, beside that I did mistake.
U better concentrate on your own life. you are placed in infosys at low profile. take care about that. give time to yourself.
I am not going to answer more to your replies.
peace always <3

4 Likes

I don’t know about others, but for placements CP is just one of the many qualities that you have. I was 2 star when I got into one the biggest mnc.

4 Likes

@admin in my early contests, I was a beginner and didn’t know much about offline IDEs so I used ideone.com and at that time I didn’t know that ideone shows code in public if we don’t change the options to make it private and in two contests. I had faced such bad penalty’s without cheating.

#justiceforideoneusers
#justiceforuncategorizedpenalty
#penaltywithoutfault
#errornotfound

2 Likes

Hey, what qualities did helped you to get into MNC and which MNC?

He got intern offer from amazon :100:

3 Likes

I made this 2nd account for practice purpose bcoz i make so many WA submission. unfortunately i submitted the same code in my original account. Do they consider it plagiarism? This account is 1 month old only. I saw many people having multiple accounts which inspired me to create this. But i never cheated from other sources. Both codes are completely mine. What will happen now?

1 Like

That’s great. May I ask at what CTC, if you would like to share?

Ask him. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes