Plagiarism penalties - Ratings drop - August 2020

This should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Bro i have been plagiarized for the same reason. i submitted same code from my dummy account and also from my main account. idk but after feb they mailed me i have been plagiarized. when i opened the ID it was mine only (the dummy account). That time i didn’t knew much rules. So yeah then i removed my dummy account and stopped using multiple accounts. What i regret is why did I made so foolish mistake. So yeah even if its your ID you are guilty as per Codechef code of conduct just like me. Just remember not to do it again ever.

2 Likes

I never said it is easy please read again what I said.

But yeah there is huge difference even the students from top college says that students from off campus hiring are really having good knowledge than them.

I know its my fault. But i didn’t cheat from other sources like many users. In the interview my problem solving ability matters. i don’t care about my ratings as far as my coding is improving.

1 Like

@admin ANSWER THIS…isn’t the triangle mark enough??

What have we done without your help? Thank you so much for summarizing so well.

We are all eagerly waiting for the remaining re-evaluation for the plagiarism test. Hope it will be done soon

1 Like

No. Don’t really feel like answering to my dad. And we couldn’t care less to answer to someone who shouts in CAPS.

22 Likes

That is also against the rules, may be your profile should show triangles and diamonds

3 Likes

I know that now but i didn’t knew then. It was my 3rd or 4th contest and i didn’t knew much about rules. I am not blaming anyone. It was my fault and i accept it.

I can understand the triangles. Why diamonds ??

CodeChef has the power to remove both accounts . So any punishment less than that is a discount which one should be happy about.

2 Likes

@admin I didn’t get any reply for my yesterday’s question and I hadn’t used caps or anything as well…I would like to know what can go wrong if you remove the plag mark from the profile of those who have been participating finely for long enough?
Kindly explain because am not able to think what’s wrong in doing so?

1 Like

Kids cheat in Long challenges, legends cheat in Lunchtime
Right @ssrivastava990 ??

3 Likes

does copying functions from gfg counts as plagiarism?

3 Likes

As long as any code snippet was published on the internet before the contest began, using it won’t result in plagiarism.

2 Likes

I not copied code from anywhere but it is showing your code is plagiarized.why?

1 Like

Why you want to show the positive side of your struggle only? If you want to show real struggle , then show this too, that you cheated too once.
And if anyone comes to you for confirming that have you cheated, then explain them , “it was mistake, I did”.
This is what real means.

7 Likes

No, but you need to give attribution , if you copy some part from public source.

2 Likes

It’s another form of deterrent. You break the rules and make everyone else’s life worse - you have a permanent mark on your profile. It’s not even in red, and the plagiarism text isn’t visible unless someone clicks on it and wants to understand the big drop.

10 Likes

its 's very unfortunate that many users cheat in long challenge and gain good ranks leaving behind a demotivating factor for the genuine users. For instance in august challenge 2020, many solutions of live contest were posted over youtube and various websites.
I request codechef to please look into this matter making it a bit more fair for the guys.

3 Likes