RAISINS : Feb 2020 Long Challenge doubt

Hello everyone. I was going through the solutions of the other users on the problem RAISINS. I realized that some of them had just printed the test cases and nothing else. I got confused seeing it. I just needed some clarification for the challenge problem and how things work for it.

10 Likes

same doubt

1 Like

CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone even this solution is getting accepted

3 Likes

You are given a square shaped cake. And raisins in some points. Now you need to divide the cake in n rows and m columns. Now using two given operations in question. You need to arrange the pieces, such that area of the convex hull of all raisins is minimum possible.
For example if you divide the cake in n=30, m=30 and perform 0 operations then you print the following:
30 30 0

1 Like

I just printed 1 1 0 for 99 points
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29397508
The scoring should have been the reduction in the area instead.

2 Likes

I wanted to ask if there is something like the final checking after the contest ends as in Code Forces, I have seen that the final pretest is checked for the problems after the contest ends and then it is declared whether it is an AC or not. I request @admin or @vijju1231 to please reply for the same.

5 Likes

It felt very wrong tbh bcz i put so much effort in this and then there are these types of solutions getting accepted :frowning_face:

10 Likes

Yeah, I also got annoyed by the same thing. To do things like this is absolutely wrong. This thing also happened once in the Code Raptor and at that time the contest was deleted. But I didn’t expect that something like this would also happen in Long Challenge. It wasn’t a really tough task to solve this problem by doing this.

4 Likes

Can u explain me how does that even work ?
3 3 3
1 2
2 3
2 3

0r

1 1 0

The possible reduction in area is very small.

1 Like

Did not understand bro…can u plz elaborate

Yes the test cases are super weak…they gave .99 to like…everyone

yes, true!..My AI solution is giving same points as randomly printing anything

The reason for the problem is that because there are too many points and they are randomly generated, the optimal solution is not much different from the initial solution. If author adjust the formula for calculating the score, then won’t have such a strange problem.

3 Likes

there was no test cases on the problem read the area that your changes are giving determine the points. read the problem :slight_smile:

I also didn’t use the input at all.
I just made the no. of operations and pieces close to 2^10.
Wondering what was the expected solution.

Will the editorial for this problem be added later ?? I also want to see the solution but the problem doesn’t seem to be added yet.

1 Like

@codechef @admins Is this how the challenge problem works?

4 Likes

@admin this is not at all fair!!
some of them really struggled alot. and you are giving free points for anyone who doesn;t even read the question and printed the output provided.

3 Likes

I totally agree with what @prabhat_7 is saying. This isn’t fair. I request @admin to please reply. It will be better if all the submitted solutions are checked through a hard test case once again and check if they are actually correct or they aren’t.

3 Likes