REMOVE PENALITY or CHANGE JUDGE FOR FIRST QUESTION (DISCSHOP)||ACM ICPC19

Yeah! First they said that leading zeroes are allowed in answer and then they say output should not have zeroes,that too after 50 minutes. We got 7 penalties for this thing. Do they want us to differentiate between “output” and “answer”? They meant that answer can have leading zeroes but output cannot have? It took us 1hr 15 mins to get an AC due to such silly mistake. They should definitely rejudge and remove the penalties.

8 Likes

I think it is possible to do this updating the test cases and rejudging only the WA solutions or rather update the checker and rejudge all the submissions. I think they did not do that in the midst of the contest maybe because of a huge number of submissions which would have had increased the queue. But I don’t think its unfair to rejudge the solutions now.

4 Likes

If only judging the answer again and removing the penalties is done then it too will effect the participants. Since I was stuck in first question for an hour and after doing the first question , I managed to solve the second question within 10 mins. If the statement was clear, I think I was able to do both questions in 20 minutes which will help to get a good rank too. Because time too was important which I was wasting because of that statement. And it was their mistake

2 Likes

So let it be how it is and better luck for next time

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with you.

2 Likes

Anything happens, it is Codechef’s fault, eh?

1. Penalties are implemented by in finals too, so go and complain to ICPC. Our team also suffered.
  2. If you guys are crying on this stupid question where you don’t read test cases, and interpret s***, how do you expect to solve more intricated and tough problems ? If you had doubts, you should have asked in comments.
3 Likes

They have to select some of the 10 best teams from the nation. They don’t care about you or me. So, as they are not affected by this mis happening, there will be no recontest.

@kiraeternal
If you had a problem or a doubt in the question, you should have asked it in the comment section rather than crying here to remove the penalties.

Guys, i think CC rejudged the solutions for P1 because my penalties for P1 is less than it was before.

2 Likes

How did you see your results now? Page seems to be restricted…

2 Likes

I logged into my ICPC ID and then visited my account there.

2 Likes

We did the 1st question in 5 mins, but due to this statement got WA. Then, I had to change the code, and it costed me a penalty. I am not a pro, but if statement is wrong, we cannot do anything regarding that.

The question was slightly ambiguous with respect to output format, but it was correct. What is meant was, given a number like 104, you are allowed to remove the digit 1 (because it leaves 04 as the decimal representation, which has a leading zero).

Without having the sample testcase, it would be the organizer’s fault, but if you don’t even try your code on the sample testcase, then definitely your fault.

4 Likes

I am not offending any one but i wonder how people didn’t even saw the sample test case . How did top teams solved it without penalties !! .

5 Likes

Codechef rejudged the first problem.Yeah!

1 Like

u mean the sample test output had to be printed as it is even when they have mentioned that leading zeroes can be there …isn’t it still organizer’s fault to not add that important line about the output

1 Like

justice done…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

After my experience with CodeChef contests, I would try to make sure that my output for the sample input matches exactly with the sample output.

But yeah, I do get how frustating it can be to get WA on a cakewalk question based on a small confusion, so I wish organizers did a better job.

1 Like

How do you know? Ranklist’s been inacessible for a day now. :frowning_face:

It’s retaliative. If you have stuck in first question so others.