They removed TANDON!

HACKEREATH CODE CLASH January 16

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WHERE IT WAS COPIED FROM GOOGLE CAN DETECT ANYTHING

2 Likes

The forums have a minimum post length of 20 characters, so if someone has a very short post to make, they’ll have to fill up the remaining 20 characters - by convention, people seem to do this by appending some short phrase referencing “20 characters”.

I usually add “20 characters blah-de-blah” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thankyou. Will use Google from now. Who knows when google(luck) will meet opportunity

1 Like

Hey guys, I am interested in solving last 3-questions of Div-1, can somebody confirm will they get deleted(maybe they are copied), as I don’t have too much free energy and time. Thanks :slight_smile:
@ssrivastava990
@hitch_hiker42
@ssjgz

3 Likes

Then ask to some great coders , " galti ho jaati h na " may be possible many mistakes may happened in this long , #NO_OFFENCE :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m 10 seconds away from solving all three, so yes, they will be deleted in 10 … 9 … 8 …

7 Likes

ha ha LOL… :joy: Solve ASAP u never know when the q. will deleted with an apology :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My biggest fear:- October Long is unrated.

5 Likes

I also thought of the same solution. I wonder if there exists some other solution too. :thinking: Couldn’t come up with any other till now.

2 Likes

Maybe there might be a 1-line formula as well…

1 Like

I just checked editorial of hackerearth from where this problem was taken. There too, for k = 7 they used same matrix exponentiation method, So this was the expected solution, ig.

2 Likes

What happened with me:- I saw that the same matrix is not repeating in all stages so I thought matrix-expo. will not be possible. But when I saw that there are 6-particular matrices which keep repeating it was an EUREKA moment for me. Another great thing:- Matrix is as big as 49X49 :wink:

Can you share your solution for TANDON problem?

If the purpose is learning, solve them nevertheless (make sure to save the code on disk for safety). Otherwise, if you’re addicted to ratings (like me), then fingers crossed :neutral_face: Aur shubh shubh bolo. Agar contest unrated hua na toh maasoom coders ki haaye lagegi CC ko. Bhagwan maaf nahi karega :pleading_face:

4 Likes

me bhi hu sath me :joy: :joy: :joy:

I think it would be the best solution among all options available.

1. Make it Rated: People would complain that they are getting -ve instead of +ve rating because of this. And that’s valid. up to some extent. And trust me, rating matters. To the beginners mostly. But, it does.
  2. Extend it: It might be a good option. But I won’t like it personally. 10 days is long. Don’t make it long long. Also, Point 1 would still apply.
  3. Make it Unrated: People would complain that they are getting 0 instead of +ve rating because of this. And that’s valid. up to some extent. And trust me, rating matters. To the beginners mostly. But, it does.

Between 1 and 3, I think 0 instead of +ve is better than -ve instead of +ve.

1 Like

I cannot use logic anymore. I want it rated or it will be the biggest sadma to me lol.

3 Likes

I don’t know why but I want one more question :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Same here. (20 chars)

Yeah, Matrix size helped. Actually it has to be 50 * 50 i guess. One extra spot for storing sum of results of previous all lengths.