They removed TANDON!

The question that they added wasn’t intended to be a substitute, it was announced at the very start of the contest that one is to be added. It just turned out one had to be removed too. Still, clearly not an equivalent exchange to be fair :wink:

2 Likes

I think he is talking about MSNG, it was a late entry.

i did ask ,no reply yet!!

Your frustration is valid, but,… PLEASE refrain from using LATIN script to write messages in Hindi. It is okay to use them in social media or in casual messages, which are intended for a limited audience, but not in public forums such as this. Even copy-pasting it in google translate yields nothing. I guess you have never seen a Russian post of Codeforces in English, or Japanese post of AtCoder in English. :upside_down_face: It will obviously feel very weird for us, non-japanese or non-russians to make sense out of it. Same follows for HIndi, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is the question it was copied from.It’s the same question except language change.

The same person has authored the JIIT question as well. I hope that one is not copied :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe because you would have got your answer had you read the question more carefully.:wink:

Haan, they could’ve made it non-scorable. Now I feel bad because I haven’t saved the source code on my computer and the one I’d submitted, who knows what they did with it. It was beautiful and I’ve to code it again: like you’ve reached a conclusive point in a game and the light goes off before you save it! Arrgh :expressionless:

1 Like

First of all why are you very much angry ? Paisa milta hai Kya 20 points se ?
Even I almost solved it. I am happy that they removed it after few days. I got to know about one more problem because of their mistake.
You do long challenge for getting points or for learning ?
If for learning then it’s better for you that cc removed that problem after you tried it for two days.
Maybe Point of removing is they want to convey to setters that it won’t work if they’ll copy problems from some other sources. Also there might be some copyright issues and after all it will degrade name of CodeChef if they will not remove it.
Codeforces se kya sikhe ? Aj unka server bhi hang ho rha tha.
And itna hi pasand ha CF to go an practice there. No one is forcing you to be here. Are you paying to cc ?
No offense.
Second thing is if you think you’re more capable than any of the Codechef panel for long challenge then go ahead and apply for that position. Be admin/tester/setter. Why don’t you apply there and get some money and maintain quality and also check problems before contest starts ?
Everyone do mistakes. Admin can’t check each and every problem before each contest starts. I am sure they must have tried checking.

8 Likes

TANDON problem was based on @samarthtandon so they problem setter didn’t mention his full name so samarth is literally offended by this so he reported this to codechef admin as abuse and finally the problem is removed. he is very happy now. :):rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

hackerearth. Exact same question.

I would reply even worse to 6-7 star coder.
His stars are useless if he still don’t like solving an extra problem for practice.
Ye Kya bat Hui. Har baat par CF CF.
CF hi Karo fir
I participated in 4 contests back to back on CF.
Three of them were delayed by 15 mins at least. Maine to compare nhi Kiya.

7 Likes

Yes, the question is about four years old! The only difference is the storyline. What was the author thinking? An adaptation or a remake? He has written SAKTAN too which without much surprise has a close resemblance to another old question (with a slight variance).

1 Like

Bro please don’t report it, mushkil se solve hua hai

Easy problems are less likely to be deleted and more likely to be similar.
It’s okay if it’s not exactly same problem. Problem idea can be similar for cakewalk or beginners problem imo.

Lets find a similar problem to all the problems of the contest. Report’em all. Everybody Happy.

1 Like

But where is it written in rules? Is it rule that easy problems are allowed to be same and hard problems not?

I won’t, it’s not the same question (and easy problems are likely to be similar as @l_returns pointed out) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s not written anywhere. It’s my personal opinion. You can complain to cc admin if you think it’s similar.

Yes, check my profile. Find and report those problems I haven’t solved yet.

2 Likes

why you put 20 char at last of your comment above?