Updates on curtailing plagiarism

around 1 week.
sometimes it can take even longer because they receive a large ammount of mails.

It’s ok if they respond a little late, but the appeal period is only for 6 days so i am quite worried.
Anyways, thanks for helping.

This Guy https://www.codechef.com/users/ac_rusher never stops cheating this would be his 7-8th id which he has created in the span 3-4 months
Here are all the codes that he copy pasted and look at the technique he is using to avoid plag he is copy pasting approx 100 lines of commented code between every 3 to 4 lines of normal code @admin does the plagirism check fails in this case? if not please punish as per required @shaily_adm
Codes:
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

3 Likes

Yes, this plagiarism check fails where it should work.
It works only for problems rated below 800 which have 2 lines of code logic where innocents get plagiarised [i m one of them :slight_smile: ] .
Such a big platform but still lacks proper anti-plagiarism mechanism and they don’t even respond in mail.

There are 250+ submissions in div 4 starters 39 with the same code for the minimize roadblock problem, this is so unacceptable and unfair for others who don’t cheat and get less rank because of them. Many just change variables or insert random comments or functions between the actual code. No plagiarism for them?

1 Like

same was the case of div 2

wow you ranked 304? good job being that fast. You would have been top 50 without the cheater xD

It is completely crazy that more than half of the top 1000 are cheater in every Div4 contest.

I participated in this contest: Contest Page | CodeChef (Div 4)
The last problem was hard for me, even though I am experienced. What shocked me is that roughly 150 people solved the problem in the last 20 minutes. So I went checking. Rank 303 is the last who solved P7. Rank 303 - 284 have the same answer and are therefore cheats. I had to check 20 people to find the first legit participant.

I also checked the top participants for cheats, I had to check the top 9 to find the first cheater and most likely the source creator for all other cheater.

cheat? Rank + name P7 code
cheat 303 venom_xd CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
cheat 302 prashanth_409 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 301 mubashir_123 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 300 aksdynamic19 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
cheat 299 vishesh_24 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat + obfuscation 298 deepakbanoth20 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 297 boon_redoc Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 295 itsmohitsoni Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 295 mahesh_414 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat + heavy obfuscation 294 new_in_cp Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 292 navya_5e4 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 292 aditya_vk13 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 291 manaswini2341 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat + obfuscation 290 ganeshrathod44 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 289 sumit_20230 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat + obfuscation 288 shauryaa18 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat 287 klu_30682 Error Page | CodeChef
cheat + obfuscation 286 marshall990 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
cheat 284 sece_mec105 Error Page | CodeChef
legit 284 mohit8750 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 10 fake0mniking CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
cheating source 9 testingaccount Error Page | CodeChef
legit 8 arxcrxt CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 7 stranger_17 Error Page | CodeChef
legit 6 turkhuu622 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 5 looser_2 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 4 sad_otaku CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 3 wonderfulwhale CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 2 fire5386 CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
legit 1 seashore CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
3 Likes

cheaters cheater everywhere…

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Four days ago, I got a mail about my submission being similar to someone else.

Here are both submissions -

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/63768420

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/63786485

As you can see the question is very easy and has one line solution. Two people can have the same code. It was just a coincidence. This is a case of false positive. I replied to the mail and requested a manual review but didn’t get a reply.

2 Likes

We are on the same boat buddy.
Same contest same problem but i am plagged with someone else.
I think there are many like us who have been plagged in that PRESENTS problem.
I also wrote a mail. But didn’t got any response yet.
@admin please check START36D problem PRESENTS please. And revert our ratings please.

2 Likes

Some of the Youtube Video makers are posting solutions while contest is on going and they are having same logic as I submitted . Definitely @admin look into this
1.- YouTube
2.- YouTube
3.Degree of Polynomial Codechef Solution long challenge - YouTube
Please look into these videos and i didn’t do any copy from these videos…
@yash0119

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have banned this user’s account.

2 Likes

Great job :+1:

1 Like

Recently long challenge may 2022 ended and there was so much cheating involved I solved according to my capability but still my ranks are decreasing like waterfall, how can div4 people with a new account and giving first contest can solve all questions and on last day there are exponential increase in submissions of 6,7 and 8th problems. So bad to see all this people selling solutions and it doesn’t.

Stop conducting long challenges instead conduct 3 short challenges of 1.5hrs for 3 days so that no one can cheat.

3 Likes

yes, that is true, but few of the many accounts that solve all the questions are alt accounts of coders who are way more skilled that do not belong to div 4.

why they are not responding for my appeal against false plag check
i submitted a sol which was WA in start34B then i didnt try to submit anymore i skipped that contest and for that my rating already fall for that contest but then they plag my code and decreased my rating by -315?
Like WTF is this
they are not even responding my mails

Kindly check your inbox/spam for this email having the subject line “CodeChef - You have been caught for plagiarism in” along with the contest code and follow the instructions given there. The appeal phase will happen in the original plagiarism email thread.

2 Likes

Omg this admin is OP. Really glad to see codechef taking action.
I have just one question : Do honest coders rating would get updated ? ( these cheaters have given great damage to the rating of ours ; we should get what we deserve . ) I believe in the supremacy of this new admin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: