Updates on curtailing plagiarism

START61 stats have been updated in the original post. Count of users penalized -

• START61B 84
  • START61C 137
  • START61D 1025

when will you update ratings for non-cheaters then ? for starter 61 ? @hydr
and still lot of cheaters are remainingā€¦

START62 stats have been updated in the original post. Count of users penalized -

• START62B 15
  • START62C 22
  • START62D 561

Will there be rating updates for rest of the participants, after solutions with plagiarism has been identified and penalized? Itā€™s good to see that number of cheaters are reducing.

1 Like

@ka_sh

• We will recompute the ratings for contests from 13th July to 1st October next week
  • We will do this on a monthly basis starting November
4 Likes

Thatā€™s a solid move, thanks a lot for working towards it.

Will there be a rating change for the 286 users who did not receive any rating change in the last round of plag checks? We were told it would happen in a month back in july, 4 months have passed and the ratings have not changed at all.

Hey Coders,
As I am participate in every contest and I wrote my code own self and still every time in 1-2 question code chef apply plagiarism and I would have not said but this is happing in every contest and the rank always falls when if I donā€™t participate in the contest . I really want to complain but i cannot .

Great news ā€¦ So, finally cheaters will be getting what they deserveā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy:ā€¦
In the past 6 months, plagiarism was increased in large numbers and multiple youtube and telegram channels give solutions in live contests.

Are the ratings updated?

@ka_sh and everyone else

Ratings have been recomputed for contests till 1st Oct after removing all cheaters.
In 1st week of December - we will re-do this exercise for contests held between 1st Oct - 1st Nov.

2 Likes

@hrishik85 I am one of the 286 people who did not get rating updates back in july, my ratings have not been changed, infact, they have dropped by 1. Why is that so.

But , that will not help them to improve their problem solving skills. :joy:

START64 stats have been updated in the original post. Count of users penalized -

• START64A: 2
  • START64B 26
  • START64C 48
  • START64D 492
1 Like

Why does the live rating always dip drastically in the last half an hour of the contest?
Do so many people come up with a solution at the same time?

Coincidence? I Think Not! | Know Your Meme

Oct 1 -Nov 1
Monthly Contest recomputation is done ratings are restored for false positive plagiarism cases.

1 Like

@admin Will rating of non cheater increase after you penalize the cheaters?

Just one advice why you donā€™t increase rating after penalizing the cheaters rather than directly giving rating at same night, by this we will be get our original rank after removing cheaters.

4 Likes

No way I can believe that the sudden jump in accepted solutions for todayā€™s A and B problems of Div 2 was organic. It canā€™t be true, I google searched the contest name and hell yes I was right, I was happy that I busted the cheater but was very sad that there is no way to stop this. And please donā€™t ask me to stop bring it to light just because it promotes more cheating. If you are asking me to not bring this to light itā€™s just like keeping a blind eye to a crime just because you donā€™t want to discuss in society. Thatā€™s not how we deal with problems, face it CodeChef team cheaters are ruining the spirit of this mind sport.

Iā€™m attaching the screenshot even before contest end, because I want this contest to be unrated, or until a strong action is taken against it, you should stop holding contests.

Because now people like me not only compete with other honest participants, but they also compete with cheaters, like double completition, totally BS. Like why CodeChef doesnā€™t do anything about it?

Iā€™m very sorry Iā€™m saying this, but Iā€™m pissed. You can go ahead remove this post, or block my account or whatever, but now itā€™s totally enough.

Please do something about it, otherwise there is no fun left playing cp in this platform. Let cheaters use it only for their pathetic gains.

2 Likes

codechef contests are getting worse everyday due to cheating.
Very much dissapointed :disappointed:

1 Like

This contest should be unrated, and future contest too until they take some strong action. I hope they dont remove this post until more people see it.