Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

@pathak6398 might be abusing this platform. The time he takes for submissions and the pattern of his submissions is quite suspicious. @admin Please have a look at it.

Edit:
It has been confirmed,
@astha18 's solution CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
@pathak6398 's solution CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Same solutions.
Do something about it @admin

5 Likes

In almost every contest whether itā€™s long or short contest, I see a huge amount of plagiarism. Whatā€™s the point in attempting an unfair contest, where we donā€™t get the the fair ratings as we deserve? Codechef should either do something for the plagiarism or it shall join the road of decadence.
Maybe Codechef is now just a puppet of Unacademy, and itā€™s only major focus on how to grow a large user base on the Codechef so that Unacademy can easily sell their courses.

6 Likes

No one is forcing you to participate, just stop participating

1 Like

anilmaurya222 | CodeChef User Profile for Anil Maurya | CodeChef is abusing this platform. Heā€™s being cheating in live contests for quite a long time now. @admin have a look at it, and remove this user.

Proof:
@anon32217148 's solution - CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
@anilmaurya222 's solution - CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Except unnecessary addition of gcd function, and extra line added, everything else is copied.

@admin please resolve this issue.

2 Likes

mail at scammersjesus@gmail.com. he can help you out

i don hav time

lolz. why are you posting here then.

Dear, I am not forcing anyone to copy it. Watch when you have difficulty and watch when you have no idea. I am putting my idea, my way of code. So please donā€™t blame anyone. And stay focused.
If someone is cheating or copying from others then he or she fail in company test, in interview. by the way he or she got selected then he or she will be fired due to bad performance.
So conclusion is that focus on your own. See how many extra questions you are doing as compared to previous contest.

Dear, youā€™re such an embodiment of innocence

Not everyone does for a company interview, some take it as a sport!

@admin Can we get plagiarism strike for unrated contests like long challenge unrated for div 2??
Anyone please reply

Yes, plagiarism strikes has nothing to do with contest being rated or unrated.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
I have one more question @admin @cubefreak777 : Can we get a plagiarism strike if my wrong answer matches otherā€™s right answer? like if the wrong answer has been modified and then submitted to get correct answer?
Anyone please reply

They all study in same University.

I am sorry I didnā€™t get you
@admin Can you clarify?

Iā€™m not sure but I donā€™t think they test non AC solutions for plagiarism as it would make the process significantly slower.

2 Likes

That is a naive approach. An efficient approach is once I see someone cheating, I tell them"U r god in this u should start giving short contest too :slight_smile: " .

The sudden surge in OPTSET many people getting it right in one go. Some handles got all of it right in one go in division 3 and did all of them at a difference of one minute only.
Yes contests are only for us to learn and rank does not matter much but competing makes it fun and challenging. Also some people put codechef ratings on resume at current rate it will not be credible anymore.

Firstly, its fault of those people who give out solution, even solutions to hard problems. They should stop doing so.
Regarding codechef I think they should not make all problems visible in one go. Like make first 3 problem visible only and give 2 days to solve it and after this they are locked and for next 3 days new set is unlocked and finally last 3 problems for last 5 days.

8 Likes

I like your approach. Problems should be timed. That way when submissions are done and problems are locked one can just run moss from day 3 itself.

But Also It Would be better if admin ditched previous plag sessions and just plagged the user this month. Run backwards. First do the moss of most recent contest and if you have time go backwards.

Cause nobody cares what happend 2 years ago

2 Likes

I think if your wrong answer matches otherā€™s right answer then it simply means you got that code by unfair means and submitted in the wrong problem. That should raise issues concerning your ethics and your ability to cheat in future. If you or someone ever did so. I will simply ask for your social id and block you forever.