ZIO 2020 discussion

Ashamed to ask…but will 50 get me through for class 12??
I messed up the second question entirely :pensive:

I wont call 80 a cutoff! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Even I’m in 12th and scoring 50 :slightly_frowning_face:

Feeling very sad and angry on myself.

I hope you’ve registered for zco. The cutoff for zco should be a quite lower. (But you need to be prepared well enough to get past it.)

Yeah registered bro…if this wud have been clear then it wud have been good as mains is also there.

I got perfect score 80. Class 12.

Lets discuss the logic behind each question:

1. Question 1, the Manhattan Distance one:
    It was a pure dp problem.
Key

dp[i] = dp[i - 1] + (4 * i);
Note: dp[0] = 1, and not 0.

1. Question 2, The Folding Paper one:
Key

You needed to express S as the sum of ((2^m) + (2^n)), where m and n are integers between 1 and 10(limited because of the problem). The answer would be (m + n). Note that you need to maximize (m + n) .

1. Question 3, The ZIO, ZCO scores one.
Key

Run a loop from 0 to k. Let i be the variable.
Let i be the number passed in ZIO, and (k - i) be the number passed in ZCO. Then minimize the absolute value of cutoff in ZIO and ZCO and maximize their sum.

1. Question 4, the set in which the distant values of (floor(n / 1), floor(n / 2) … floor(n / n)) one.
Key

Let x = floor(sqrt(n));

if(x == (n / x))
ans = (2 * x) - 1;

else
ans = (2 * x);

Special thanks to @cyberlemonade for the logic.

P.S: I did it manually :joy::joy:

2 Likes

In the 12th question

You could start from the integer 1 and make pairs by diving the integer with the given number. Note: the pair should contain the floor value of the number divided.
Ex take 30
Some of the pairs are (1,30) (2,15) (3,10) (4,7) and so onnn…

Now keep on making the pairs till the number on the right of the pair is greater than the number on the left of the pair. (Because after that the numbers start repeating themselves) Stop and include the pair when they are equal.

Thus your answer comes out to be
2*(sqrt(n)) -1 (since the last pair would have two same integers and we have to count the distinct only)

For the last test case
The last pair would be (53, 52.9) which is not valid
Hence the answer is 52*2

1 Like

Why is the last pair not valid?

Left number is smaller than the number on the right. If you try it out it is impossible to get 53 on dividing the given integer by any number (integer)

1 is simple formula f(n) = (n+1)^2 + (n)^2
2 is correct, but m and n must be as close as possible
3 is correct
4 is complicated and I have a conditional answer:
let x = floor(sqrt(n))
if (x == n/x) ans = x2 -1
else ans = x

1 Like

What is cutoff criteria for class 12? Like… how many students are selected?

According to me, the cut-offs are as follows:

Class 12: 65

Class 11: 60

Class 10: 55

Class 9: 50

Class 8 and Below: 40

1 Like

Cutoff for class 12 will be around 70 according to me

2 Likes

I messed up in 2nd ques 1st task, and now I’m scoring 50. No chance for me I guess. I’m in 12th. :pensive:

you could have said it AP instead of dp.whats the point of overcomplicating

answer is 2s*(s+1)+1

3 Likes

Yes
Dp[i] = dp[i-1] + 4

Answer = n/2 * ( 8 + ( n-1)*4 )

1 Like

I first did it using dp approach but then figured out it was basic ap when I was revising.

Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great exam! Although, going by the scores, I’d say everyone ACTUALLY HAD a great exam. The cut off couldn’t possibly hit 80, right? Also, I’d be glad if someone could answer my queries,

1. When will the results of ZIO be declared?
  2. Do they give the scorecard as well?
  3. Are only a particular number of students selected from a single class? If not, how come cut off decreases with class?

Also, I don’t appreciate the tomfoolery with the ZIO scoresheet. Who benefits from that?

4 Likes